about ts

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on July 8th, 2010, 8:43 pm
This is just a sugestion. PLS dont be ofended.
Well while i play on ts i hear all types of things, that i really shouldnt, like barking of a dog, all sorts of languages, lots of background noise, breathing etc. So i use a hotkey which i keep it presed when im speaking to my team. For me is LSHIFT but you can put any key you want.
posted on July 9th, 2010, 2:32 pm
I've noticed that as well.  It is especially annoying when the Mic picks-up the Game sound effects, which then reverb into a jumbled mess of noise, in which you can't really hear what is being said anymore.

I like this quote from one of the TS tutorial pages (http://www.bhgbheg.com/ts_tutorial.html):

If you DO have a microphone, please use the Push to Talk option if you are unfamiliar with, or unable to properly adjust the microphone voice activation level. This helps prevent you from annoying other users by breathing into the microphone, or other random things that might get yelled inadvertently by someone in the room which gets sent to everyone in the current channel.

There is also a tutorial here that shows the applicable screens:  How to Use TeamSpeak | eHow.com

I keep my Mic PTT with F1 and Speaker mute as F2, since those keys are not used in-game anyway.
posted on July 9th, 2010, 5:59 pm
if u wear headphones then the game sounds wont auto activate your broadcast.

some things you cant avoid, like a dog coming into the room and barking will easily make you broadcast.