A Warning For Tunngle Players:

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
1, 2
posted on June 25th, 2010, 5:55 am
Last edited by Boggz on June 25th, 2010, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ah fuck it ...

***** Warning to all players******

Don't post angry :lol:

Love, Boggz

-- For the record, I wasn't trying to have anyone blacklisted.  I was just angry to have someone blatantly ignoring the community rules and abusing exploits.  Then to be mocked for quitting the game in protest was infuriating :D.  Perhaps Boggz needs to stop staying up late to play games ^-^.
posted on June 25th, 2010, 6:21 am
ill make this short

i dont like having rules inside a game, i would much rather have a patch release and a quick balance patch a few days later

however i feel that there should be a gentlemans agreement not to exploit the em scube like that, that should be set up before the game

however boggz, i feel that you approach this in the wrong way, you say you dont want to start an angry battle, maybe next time think before you post, as that is exactely what you are doing

first off, boggz, you cant get so worked up about this, he did not cheat, he however did somthing that most members of the community have agreed not to do, this is a decision that you have made, not to play with this "exploit" so dont play with him then when he is borg, however you can not tell him he is cheating, he is not violating anything, he has not bugged the game

i belive also the way you conducted this post is very wrong, you are calling him out putting him in the spotlight, and in effect blacklisting him, at the very least you should not use his name in the post, and i think you should edit your post to take out his name

as i said, you told people to take note of this, so what you want us to create a list of people not to play fleetops with?

all this will do is divide the fleetops community,

boggz what you needed to do, is to just make a post, to highlight a gentlemens aggrement that you think will make the game more fair and fun for everyone, and pettition to have doca and optec release a quick balance patch, so everyone is playing on what is a more balance battlefield, so that people who may take advanatage of bugs expliots, etc, have nothing to take advantage of

that is all i have to say on this issue i hope you edit your post to avoid any problems
posted on June 25th, 2010, 6:28 am
Last edited by Boggz on June 25th, 2010, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Hindsight, you're correct, Ray.  I was a bit hasty in naming names and such and got a bit worked up.  I DON'T like people abusing exploits in order to win and like it EVEN LESS when they attack me for not allowing it  >:(

However I have edited out all the direct names of the person in question.  The others in Tunngle at the time do not post in the forums. 

The solution here is NOT "quick-patches".  As you said yourself
"first off, boggz, you cant get so worked up about this, he did not cheat, he however did somthing that most members of the community have agreed not to do, this is a decision that you have made, not to play with this "exploit" so dont play with him then when he is borg, however you can not tell him he is cheating, he is not violating anything, he has not bugged the game"

The list on the Guide are the accepted rules.  They are more than reasonable as they are things that the Developers have stated were unintentional or mistakes.

The game will NEVER be perfect.  There will always be little tiny things that people miss when they are creating this mod.  Nothing is perfect.  Patches don't come frequently in this mod and your assertion that "if it's there, it's fair" is not one I agree with.
posted on June 25th, 2010, 6:37 am
i know it will never be perfect, and as i said, yes the em scube is an exploit, i dont think it is fair

also, patches did uused to come frequently we did have quick blanace patches after big patches, we used to get patches at least once a month

all im saying boggz, is these things need to be cleared up before the game, so you dont waste time playing only to quit, and im sorry, but accusing somone of delebritly and maliciously cheating, that is a blacklist on that person, and for new players sake and old players sake, no blacklists, set up all little rules before the game or make a list, of explloits and such on the fleetops guide, by means of voting or somthing, and people who follow those rules will be listed on the guide, greenlists are okay, but no blacklists
posted on June 25th, 2010, 6:47 am
Well this is no blacklist.

After considering your thoughts, Ray, I removed all the names of the person in question.

HOWEVER, I consider it cheating when you WILLFULLY abuse exploits throughout the game.  I don't feel it's necessary to go over each and every "exploit" before a game starts.  That's silly.

I don't know why you're pushing for more patches.  That's unlikely to happen.  Some day, maybe.

No one's making a blacklist.
posted on June 25th, 2010, 6:54 am
i think removing the name was for the best, after all, they know they did somthing generally accepted as wrong, and we are all alerted to watch for this.

As i said, a long time ago, we did have quick balance patchs.

That is why i suggested a fleetops guide, to generally accepeted wrong-doings.

im glad there is no blacklist thats good.

I would like to thank you boggz, for alerting us to this matter, we will all be on the watch.
posted on June 25th, 2010, 6:58 am
Lol it's pretty simple.

Just don't use the things we know are broken LIIIIKKKKEEEEEEEE

The EM Scout Cube's Force-firing decloak :lol:

Pretty easy one NOT to use.  Also pretty easy NOT to continue using.  Also pretty easy NOT to continue to use after everyone else in the game gets angry and Boggz says he'll leave if his own teammate doesn't stop :woot:.

Not hard to NOT abuse.  And honestly, I consider using something the developers did not intend to have happen to be CHEATING.  Spamming Dodecs is not cheating, it's just in bad taste.

EM Force-fire is CHEATING in my book :lol:
posted on June 25th, 2010, 7:01 am
i would say they overlooked it, but yes em scybe is very broken, i agree that we should all not use it, its to bad that you actually had to quit the game, however some peoples minds cant be changed, but hopefully some will

and yes i agree boggz, somthing the developers did not plan to have is somthing that should be agreeded upon not to be exploited, lets all do this, so the game is fun for everyone
posted on June 25th, 2010, 7:17 am
ray320 wrote:and yes i agree boggz, somthing the developers did not plan to have is somthing that should be agreeded upon not to be exploited, lets all do this, so the game is fun for everyone

And that's why we have the list on the Guide, dude :lol:

That's why I took such issue with someone intentionally and continually abusing it.
posted on June 25th, 2010, 7:19 am
PM the name to me plz but only if it is not Nuclear :D
EM abusers must be made public...at least those doing it even if they not its not allowed. This way all the fair players can kick the person once he wants to join a game...this should solve the problem very fast.
posted on June 25th, 2010, 8:40 am
Last edited by Shril on June 25th, 2010, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
What can I say... take it as a challenge. I don't like people abusing balancing breaking tactics. It's about fairness. On the other hand you can't tell people that come online to follow unwritten rules. That was the case for stock Armada II also. There quitting per se was a bad fraud also when the gg was spoken out already and there was no way of winning...i mean wtf? You had to wait until the last scout was destroyed and some nerds even made a game out of that called scout hunting. what a waste of time! :lol:
But still people came online who weren't interested in the issues many players had... why should they? They are free and play the game as they like and as it is without feeling responsible at all.

So what I do generelly is just play this game until the end and even then one time I was able to win when the EM scube was abused. In that case I adapted my tactics and took it as a challenge. Victory was even greater!  :fish:

It's up to the devs to make sure there are no abuses possible. And so far I see little abuse possibilities in FO compared to previous versions which speaks for the current quality and the future quality.
posted on June 25th, 2010, 8:52 am
Jan wrote:
It's up to the devs to make sure there are no abuses possible. And so far I see little abuse possibilities in FO compared to previous versions which speaks for the quality and the future quality.

Well you're right.  Ultimately the goal is to create a non-abusable system.

But that's hard :D.  If it were easy, we wouldn't have abuses.  We find them out as we play and since it's likely a HUGE pain in the ass to do little "hotfixes" for small issues like the EM Scube force-firing, it's best to just come up with community rules.

HOWEVER, the reason I had initially created this topic was because it SUCKS to be 30 minutes into a good game to have someone openly flaunt their use of an exploit.  It just sucks.  I find that to be a waste of my time as I do not like to play with a "stacked deck of cards".

The EM Scube is a relatively minor one.  Think of it this way:  what if the Dev's had accidentally reverted the Norway's Plasma Coil back to 3.0.5 and earlier levels?  A person who felt they were losing (as it was in this case) makes a few, ROASTS an entire enemy fleet with a mere handful and says, "IF IT'S THERE, IT'S FAIR!!!!  JUST BEAT ME WHILE I EXPLOIT, YOU'LL FEEL BETTER THAN IF YOU BEAT ME FAIR AND SQUARE".

Wrong.  If I wanted to play against a cheater, I'd play the AI.

A number of you have said, "just don't play that person".  Sadly that is indeed the only way to avoid it.  However, I started this thread to basically call them out and show everyone else why it sucks.  I didn't want others to have to experience the frustration that I did after I told this person to stop abusing an exploit and they pulled the Troll-talk of "omg QQQ moar, Boggz!" :lol:.  I didn't want others to have their own games ruined by it, nor did I want this guy to get away with it since it's not always an easy exploit to spot.

So whatever.  If you wanna know who openly balks at the reasonable rules about exploits, PM and I'll be happy to reveal to you the guy who will ruin your game :lol:
posted on June 25th, 2010, 9:04 am
Last edited by Shril on June 25th, 2010, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
lol Boggz! I just thought about the fact that when you know in advance someone will use an abuse tactic this is a really stunning advantage! Don't you think?

And if the devs had accidentially released a broken version the game wouldn't had (have?) been ready to be played online (what a grammar crap). The reason why people are playing online now is that balancing has reached a level where it's worth playing vs creative humans. Exploits are rare and will be even less with coming patches.
posted on June 25th, 2010, 3:17 pm
The problem is that whenever new features are introduced or drastic changes are made that the chances for something that the devs didnt expect go up. Therefore the chances of exploits go up. With the faction redos coming up i dont think that the exploit list is going anywhere.
posted on June 25th, 2010, 4:15 pm
The point is really easy to get! Abusing of ANY exploit or bug is not fair play. Good players like fair play and therefore they dont want to play with ppl abusing. If ppl insist on abusing, we should put them on an inofficial list so players can decide on their own if they want to play with these people or not.
1, 2