Resurrecting A Dinosaur

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2
posted on November 11th, 2012, 4:04 am
Awesome work man! She's gorgeous.
posted on November 11th, 2012, 8:32 am
Perhaps the Serkas will be re-purposed as a point defence ship to defend against Federation fighters?
posted on November 11th, 2012, 6:10 pm
This is interesting. We get the old Romulan artillery ship back. What's going to happen to the Serkas?
posted on November 11th, 2012, 10:22 pm
Excellent job on breathing new life into an old favorite—the Romulan Raptor. The hull plating looks superb.
posted on November 12th, 2012, 5:03 am
For armament may I suggest 3 of those Serka's artillery torpedoes, 8 plasma torpedoe launchers, 12 phasers and 12 disruptors.
posted on November 13th, 2012, 1:53 am
That is one badass bird! Awesome to see her back!
posted on November 15th, 2012, 5:37 pm
I always wondered where the raptors' torp launcher actually is situated. Is it the dot on the back behind the head? Nice to see that ship again :).
posted on November 15th, 2012, 7:36 pm
nathanj wrote:For armament may I suggest 3 of those Serka's artillery torpedoes, 8 plasma torpedoe launchers, 12 phasers and 12 disruptors.

And all firing at once to preserve balance.
posted on November 15th, 2012, 8:36 pm
Lt. Cmdr. Marian Hope wrote:I always wondered where the raptors' torp launcher actually is situated. Is it the dot on the back behind the head? Nice to see that ship again :).

Yup! The original concept art seemed to indicate that the torpedo launcher was above the head. :thumbsup:
posted on November 15th, 2012, 8:55 pm
I've always been bothered by models that fire torpedoes but have no visible launchers or tubes. You only need look at KA2s models for that! :P

I always thought the torpedo tube on the Raptor was a ventral tube that ran directly underneath the ships spine, as if the ship were designed around the weapon (since it fired tri-cobalts, which aren't exactly lenient on the space frame when fired)
posted on November 27th, 2012, 3:15 pm
No , this dino must lauch the torpidos using the vental tubs, in front or on back and must be selfprotected by several short range weapons.
posted on February 20th, 2020, 11:49 pm
I know this might seem a bit crazy, I have been reading these old posts for some time now and before NX was announced it seems like a lot of the team had finished a lot of assets and programming.

I'm also a massive fan of Tryptics work at rebalancing and introducing new features to F.O since the devs are absent and working on NX.

Would it be crazy to add Tryptic to the Dev team to solely focus on maintaining F.O ? Giving him access to these files that never saw public use would be a great idea, I think he has proven he is more than capable of handling assets really well. It's just such a shame we have finished models that will never see the light of day in this incarnation of Fleetops. At least this idea I have will hold us over until NX is launched...
posted on February 21st, 2020, 8:57 am
For better overview, please don't resurrect 8 year old threads. If you like to discuss a new topic, better open a new one next time.

We had our reasons why we shut down the Armada 2 version which i hope we have explained sufficiently in the past. We have decided to not put further resources towards A2. That also means adding someone to the team with the goal to continue working on Armada 2 is not something we will do.
1, 2