Voice of the Fakairu

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
posted on June 15th, 2014, 9:00 pm
Join us now to discuss what it takes to create convincing and fun Star Trek vessel feedback!

Read full article...
posted on June 19th, 2014, 2:14 pm
I really like the lines, but somehow her voice sounds very bored.
Maybe if she could sound a bit more arrogant it would be better.
posted on June 19th, 2014, 6:32 pm
Nah, it's just a captain with a major case of "cloth pin disease". Sounds like a Starbucks employee :thumbsup:
posted on June 20th, 2014, 8:55 am
"Our protection is your function !"

i think better it would be :

" Our protection si your DUTY ! , do not Fail Us !"

wonderfull job, thx.
posted on June 21st, 2014, 6:02 am
I have to agree with Shadow, that line about "our protection is your function" is pretty weak.

However, I actually liked all the others. Especially the part about Remens being close enough. That line is so Romulan. Plus, it shows the player just how passionate and dedicated you guys are to Star Trek.

Bravo! 8/9 in my opinion.
posted on June 23rd, 2014, 1:57 am
Honest feedback:

Love it,
thought "Select while under attack" It seems a bit forced pulse out of character. and "charter" it seems like its to be comical though its not to me plus it seems out of character. "Declock" seems a bit to drown out though love the idea. The rest of the tracts are stellar.
posted on June 28th, 2014, 8:59 am
Nice work guys love the last one about Remans being close enough. lol

Getting voice overs for a mod can be difficult, something I think members should remember, not many mods or even fan made games can get enough volunteers for voiceovers and female voiceovers are even more difficult.
posted on July 12th, 2014, 1:15 am
You can still use any of the VO's we sent you. Just been busy filming all summer so we don't have alot of time for volunteer stuff right now.
posted on August 20th, 2014, 6:13 pm
I'd guess that a lot of voice actors have unaccented English speaking voices. I'd like to hear some voices with accents to switch it up.
posted on August 20th, 2014, 8:25 pm
That's basically an emulation of the show - of course, in Hollywood most of the actors are American, so it's a bit of a conundrum.

Klingons and Borg have their own distinctive way of talking and the actors that voice them do so without obvious non-American accents.

Romulans in the show were typically portrayed with British or American accents, and we do the same.

The Federation has a good excuse for having lots of different accents and so you'll be able to hear English accented with various American regionalisms, Scottish, Spanish, Japanese, Filipino, British, Russian and others - in our next voice-themed newspost we could showcase one of those :).
posted on October 12th, 2014, 12:31 pm
I really like the lines, and overall approach to the subject. I think the voice artists managed to capture the essence of the Romulans! :thumbsup: :cloak: :thumbsup: :cloak: :thumbsup: