The Rhienn: Can't Touch This

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
posted on November 25th, 2012, 3:28 am
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on November 25th, 2012, 4:28 am, edited 9 times in total.
Join me as we step into phase with the new Rhienn!

[url=//www.fleetops.net/news/item/234-the-rhienn-cant-touch-this]Click here to read this article![/url]
posted on November 25th, 2012, 11:17 am
MC Hammer reference? really?

sounds like the rhienn fits a nice role of being able to punish monsoon spam. i like this.
posted on November 25th, 2012, 11:29 am
Myles wrote:MC Hammer reference? really?

Thought the same :yucky:
posted on November 25th, 2012, 1:01 pm
Poor BoPs...
posted on November 25th, 2012, 8:46 pm
So if I get this right: Torpedoes always hit?
posted on November 25th, 2012, 8:47 pm
Because Torpedoes are projectile weapons IIRC
posted on November 25th, 2012, 9:06 pm
no torps =/= projectile weapons.

torps 40% miss offensive profile units in next patch. torps will always hit defensive profile units.
posted on November 25th, 2012, 11:46 pm
You know they're getting close when they promise weekly articles :)
posted on November 26th, 2012, 3:08 am
Looks like it's going to set the benchmark for early-game all-round units with all-round usefulness and enormous survivability. A definite default ship to build while waiting for the scouts to tell you exactly what your opponent is doing.
posted on November 26th, 2012, 1:25 pm
I was surprised that the Phase Plates will be so miro intensive - compared to the other specials described so far at least. I don't think that will pose a problem, especially if you use only a few Rheinns as tanks. The version number may change, but the Rheinn stays the same(mostly). I am liking the weekly updates. Thanks. The stuff is looking good.
posted on November 26th, 2012, 2:13 pm
rhienns won't work as tanks if you have defensive profile ships nearby.

also rhienns with phase plates active don't force auto target on them. you have to wait until auto target picks a rhienn, then phase plate that rhienn.

if you want to use only a few rhienns as tanks for a whole fleet, the rest of your fleet must not have any defensive profile ships.
posted on November 27th, 2012, 1:40 am
Nice to see that it will still be a fun ship to use in small groups.