The Generix Specter

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2
posted on December 2nd, 2012, 9:03 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on December 2nd, 2012, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today we'll teach you to dread the shadows from which the Specter emerges!

[url=//www.fleetops.net/news/item/235-the-generix-specter]Click here to read this article![/url]
posted on December 2nd, 2012, 11:19 pm
Nice :D This will make my beloved Defiants nd Sovies less viable. Cool :D
posted on December 3rd, 2012, 12:04 am
reworked cloak detect? it feels like only yesterday we got pings. nice to see the game evolving quickly.
posted on December 3rd, 2012, 12:29 am
Last edited by hellodean on December 3rd, 2012, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sounds interesting. reworked cloak-detect system next will be an interesting read as wel.

tho that pic with the defiants firing does look odd to me.
the weapons are firing independent of each other rather that at the same time.. i think it would be better to make it burst fire like the show. (3 shots each, 6 in all)

but yeah good stuff
posted on December 3rd, 2012, 12:30 am
The Romulans looks pretty swiftly :thumbsup: The doctrine system suit perfectly to them. :santa:
posted on December 3rd, 2012, 9:19 am
hellodean wrote:....tho that pic with the defiants firing does look odd to me. ...

//www.fleetops.net/news/item/226-the-defiant
Read up :)
posted on December 3rd, 2012, 2:09 pm
Neat i hope this is released before Christmas, but i remember wondering that last Christmas.
posted on December 3rd, 2012, 6:25 pm
beserene wrote:
hellodean wrote:....tho that pic with the defiants firing does look odd to me. ...

//www.fleetops.net/news/item/226-the-defiant
Read up :)

i read it but i didnt see anything in there that would explain why the pulse phasers alternate from left to right rather than fire both at the same time... :-\

this vid shows a compilation of scenes and none of them show it alternating,

posted on December 3rd, 2012, 6:44 pm
Oh good grief, how much can be extrapolated from a single screenie :lol: . Since there are two firing slots, when the Defiant turns, if one weapon gets into the correct firing angle first, it will fire first. Otherwise, they fire synchronously. :)
posted on December 3rd, 2012, 7:18 pm
oh i see. does it do that in the current version? as iv not seen it do that before.

once again dom you shed light into the dark and murky depths of mysteries and confusion :thumbsup:
posted on December 4th, 2012, 1:34 am
No problem :) . Yes, in the current version the shots are fired in pairs - they can get asynchronous quite easily however due to the lack of a few internal features that are present in Version 4 however :)
posted on December 4th, 2012, 7:35 am
Very cool. I don't play Romulan that much, but changes mean that I'll have a new and interesting struggle when I play against them.Something I'm curious about, though: Since all of the new posts lately have been regarding the reworking of the different ships, does that mean that, from a hypothetical standpoint, the next release (4.0?) will come once there are no more ships to show off?Now, I know why this doesn't hold up, but I figured it was something to put out there, as it is an interesting question regardless of whether or not I know what the answer will inevitably be.
posted on December 4th, 2012, 3:42 pm
Ah, nope :) We won't be doing newsposts for each and every ship - just some of the most interesting features that we've been working with :). Some surprise is important! :woot:
posted on December 4th, 2012, 4:57 pm
hellodean wrote:oh i see. does it do that in the current version? as iv not seen it do that before.
It's quite easy to set up and see with the Descent's quantum torpedo launchers, too.
posted on December 4th, 2012, 5:07 pm
OK it's time for the serious questions to be asked. no more fooling around. it's time to be super serious.

which syllable was meant to be stressed in 'generix'? 1 or 2?

i usually stress 2 unconsciously.

mfw it's 3.
1, 2