Megadroid's Mission Mod 1.0.0

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3
posted on October 5th, 2011, 6:50 pm
How feasible would it be to have an online mission and override the default game-over system that A2 has?
posted on October 5th, 2011, 9:37 pm
hopefully we will see some decent single player missions from this, nice work man.
posted on October 5th, 2011, 9:56 pm
What about multi-player missions?
posted on October 5th, 2011, 10:02 pm
MrXT wrote:hopefully we will see some decent single player missions from this, nice work man.

Oh yes. we will. TUN has announced that Sigma will get a campaign, Wastelands will have one and I'm pretty sure Maj will want to do one as well. Let's wait and see who else will start working on SP missions.

The only deterrent I can imagine is the required knowledge of LUA, which will be an obstacle for people with no programming experience, but hey, it's a cool language and worth learning. :thumbsup:

TChapman500 wrote:What about multi-player missions?

I assume that Out-of-Sync problems will make that one a bit complicated, I don't know if MMM can do distributed missions, this would either require an additional TCP layer or complete and total independence of the mission modules (so that all changes done by MMM are transmitted through the game itself). I have no knowledge of how A2/FO multiplayer works (technically), so I may be wrong.  :blush:
posted on October 5th, 2011, 11:26 pm
TChapman500 wrote:What about multi-player missions?

Multiplayer missions aren't feasible at the minute and won't be a focus for some time - I may dabble to get a feeling of what is possible, but the focus is on single player for now.
posted on October 6th, 2011, 12:11 am
Okay.
posted on October 6th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Megadroid wrote:Multiplayer missions aren't feasible at the minute and won't be a focus for some time - I may dabble to get a feeling of what is possible, but the focus is on single player for now.
What a pitty. Co-Op missions with some storyline and happenings would rock.
posted on October 6th, 2011, 6:12 pm
I agree, missions like king of the hill, or assault style objective based coop would be awesome. :woot:
posted on October 6th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Yes, please don't feel like I'm dismissing the idea out of hand - it just isn't possible at the moment, but I'll continue trying to find ways around the problems.
posted on October 6th, 2011, 7:03 pm
Awesome.  I really would like to have some gameplay, in my case like capture the flag, but instead one human tries to capture the flag, and hold it, and the other team has to keep them from it, and the flag is stationary. :D
posted on October 6th, 2011, 7:22 pm
sounds like king of the hill :)
posted on October 6th, 2011, 8:51 pm
Those game modes are in fact in A2 already  :sweatdrop:
posted on October 6th, 2011, 9:07 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:I agree, missions like king of the hill, or assault style objective based coop would be awesome. :woot:

Yep, KotH would be awesome. 

Dominus_Noctis wrote:Those game modes are in fact in A2 already  :sweatdrop:

There is king of the kill in FO? :blink:
posted on October 6th, 2011, 9:33 pm
can this be used to add script to normal instant action games or is it purly single player missions only?
posted on October 6th, 2011, 9:42 pm
assault and capture the flag is available in A2. it may also work with FO, but we haven't tested that yet. all that is required for that is maps that support these modes. may not be hard to do actually, but haven't tried it
1, 2, 3