Upgrade Project: Auto-Warpin

posted on March 21st, 2011, 8:19 pm
Just another project question, any help is very useful,

Does anyone know how to make the a.i. use the warpin WITHOUT a AIP list(the build list)?
posted on March 21st, 2011, 8:25 pm
Yeah, they just automatically replace them and they only call the ships to the warpinstation.
posted on March 21st, 2011, 8:26 pm
The commands you would need are:

replacementInstantAI
replacementInstantCycle

Those are what are in use in FO as far as I understand it, as Warp-In is not in the AIP list :) (other than the structure of course).
posted on March 21st, 2011, 8:44 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on March 21st, 2011, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Yeah, they just automatically replace them and they only call the ships to the warpinstation.

About that..... well...... the station doesn't exsist, its what you'd call a beacon, an invisable pod the brings npc units to random units [i][places/i] on the map, quite Genuis actualy.......

Dominus_Noctis wrote:The commands you would need are:

replacementInstantAI
replacementInstantCycle

Those are what are in use in FO as far as I understand it, as Warp-In is not in the AIP list :) (other than the structure of course).

i saw the build list, i think i spent 6 hours going through ever,y line in all the build list, but thanks, your help is very...........well............helpful,

And By the way, i finaly got the first realease uploaded to A2 files and MSFC, go check them out
posted on March 21st, 2011, 9:07 pm
The lines you are looking for have nothing to do with AIP's.  These are in the fed_warpin odf's.  :blush: 

The literal way the FO warpin works is, if you are human, you select a spot on the map at which an invisible trigger is placed.  From that trigger, ships are automatically warpinreplaced to its position. 

If you Are AI, the weapon that humans use to select a place for the trigger is just an instantreplaceweapon that replaces the trigger near whatever launched it.  From there it is the same as a human's player.

Hope that helps. :blush: