Tryptic's Mod Version 3.1e

posted on April 12th, 2018, 1:47 am
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads-up that development is ongoing. I have been providing constant updates on the Discord (https://discord.gg/rGM2sBM) and getting some valuable feedback.

My plan was to start with a single race, the Dominion, and work on them until they were finished. Then, I would add one race at a time until all 5 races were done. However I quickly learned that people don't quite enjoy playing Dominion vs Dominion and nothing else :lol: As a result, I have started releasing a larger number of smaller updates, and asking people to test them. Tonight, it is version 3.1e.

This version features the following:
Dominion - completed, except I will be making modifications to the Hyperspace Artillery in the future, based on player feedback. I will also be editing their tooltips to make them easier to read
Klingon - completed, except for Hotkeys and the final Starbase upgrade
Federation - recently added, they are still missing Hotkeys and their final Starbase upgrade. The AI is also not finished, so if you want to play vs AI you will need to make them Dominion or Klingon

So if you guys are willing, please check it out and tell me what you think. I will be releasing a summary video shortly. Any and all bugfinds will be greatly, greatly appreciated

Borg and Romulans are disabled in this update due to incomplete code. They will be added as I get through the workload.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yyanwcz2g ... _V3.1e.zip
posted on April 16th, 2018, 6:03 pm
Version 3.1f, also a test version, featuring the Borg and Romulans in their incomplete, but functional, state:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g5ndwdyb5 ... 0V3.1f.zip
posted on April 17th, 2018, 11:26 am
I just can't get anything to work - crashes back to desktop every time regardless of race.

Can you be a bit more specific in what race is playable and what is not, what maps are playable and which are not? I've tried using the Klingons and Dominion and cannot get anything to work on launch - crashes straight back.
posted on April 17th, 2018, 6:19 pm
Are you on the Discord? I want to talk to you about this if I can. Since I run Windows 7, sometimes there are crashes that I can't diagnose myself.

A copy of the crash report would be very helpful. In the mod, the Borg and Romulans are a bit less refined, but none of the races should cause crashes.

The Federation, Borg, and Romulan factions do not have good AI in this version, so if you are playing against AI you should set them to Dominion or Klingon.

Also, if anyone else is experiencing a crash of any kind, please let me know.
posted on May 2nd, 2018, 12:20 pm
Bugs bugs bugs

Firstly I want to say a huge thank you again for your continuing work on this mod!

Ok so I tried out 3.1f last night. I played dominion breen V Klingon hard

Bugs:

Could not promote C-11 interception despite there being enough available points.
No decernable effect of cascade feedback
Hyperspace scanner would not work at all
Ships who had shields charged by C-11 get stuck at shipyard on repair. I had to scuttle one to get into out the queue.

That's all I think so far! I'll have another look tonight :)
posted on October 1st, 2018, 5:38 pm
Mate keep up the great work!
posted on October 2nd, 2018, 11:50 pm
It's very slow going, I tend to work on the mod a little bit every few months now >_>

If you want an exact record of my progress, that Discord link has a channel where I list my progress.
posted on November 13th, 2018, 3:54 am
Isn't hyperspace a Star Wars term? What is it doing in Star Trek? :angry: :hmmm: :shifty: :lol: