The MSFC Community Mod

1, 2
posted on December 7th, 2011, 10:51 am
I'd thought I would post a little about this project seeing no one else has. An idea brought up by Syf, a veteran of Armada II modding/modelling and MSFC Administrator.

The idea is to get together a group of modders and modellers to make a full race mod for Armada II (Fleet Ops was chosen as the final platform for various reasons). The idea is to do a full race and release it and then add to it by doing another and then another so in the end it will be it's own mod. We are using the mod feature from FO so that it won't impact on the gameplay of the main game.

The first race decided upon are the Breen. Currently work is underway with nearly all the combat ships complete. 

Members of the team include:

• Starfox1701
  • CptBenSisko
  • Styler_Crisis
  • Syf
  • Adm_Z
  • Amateur
  • Dan1025
  • Terra_Inc
  • Cabal
  • Hellkite
  • Crazyfrog1903
  • Dominus_Noctis

Currently there are plans that after the Breen that both the Son'a and Tholians will be done in the same manner.

You can find more information over on MSFC - Sci-fi and Gaming
However a great deal is not publicly available at this time due to the team still getting all the set-up work done for the mod. But the latest info will be found on MSFC.
posted on December 7th, 2011, 7:15 pm
Very cool news. No doubt this will be awesome.
posted on December 7th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on December 7th, 2011, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I feel I must note that, though this will be a community mod, it will only be available on MSFC, and there are requirements one must meet before downloading from there.  First of all, you must be a member, however the rest of the rules are noted below.

To be eligible to download files, the user must be a participating member of the community and is required to post an introduction thread in the introduction section of the forums and post at least 15 posts of decent size (mass amounts of single or 3 worded posts within a very small time frame will be deleted as this is noted to rapidly increase your post count just to gain access to downloads and is also considered to be spam), be active for 7 days and have made some contribution to the MSFC community and have a reputation count of 30 which can only be gained by other members giving you positive reputation for great posts. No excuses will be accepted for not knowing, because if you are unaware, then you have breached the site rules by not reading and abiding by them and will be subject to the warning procedure outlined at the bottom of this page.

I do not say this to deter anyone who wants to download, :lol:  I just wanted to let y'all know so you can get a head start on those req's. :thumbsup:

So join up!  The beta of the mod is supossed to be done by the end of the year, so that doesn't leave much time. :thumbsup:

MSFC - Sci-fi and Gaming
posted on December 7th, 2011, 7:43 pm
I've been hoping for some nice Mods. Seems like my prayers habe been answered.  :innocent:
Waiting for it in as much anticipation as for the next FO patch.
posted on December 7th, 2011, 8:03 pm
Any chance the cardassians will be a playable race in your mod?
posted on December 7th, 2011, 8:31 pm
JR_109 wrote:Any chance the cardassians will be a playable race in your mod?

I doubt they will be done - there has been enough material for them in the past (see f.ex. AOW, or Dan's fullrace).
posted on December 7th, 2011, 9:13 pm
Yeah there are requirements to download but it's in place for the protection of the authors of the said material and it really isn't that hard to get there, pretty much be active, post a bit and be respectful and kind to others and you'll get there. It's my content that is hard to get to, done because of a couple of people grabbing it, disrespecting me and doing what they want with it, which infringes upon my conditions of usage to start with.

As for Cardassians, as Terra said probably not, but who knows if the team is really eager I would let them use my Cardassians (I have two full races worth) so they wouldn't have to do any models what so ever.
posted on December 8th, 2011, 12:39 am
Hello:

So if anybody is wondering what the mod will look like or feature on the content level (not solidly speaking), i hope it not outta line to post a couple pics,

also There will be all-new breen, son'a, and whatever else we deciede to do, ships designs in the mod, in addition to the ship designs we all know and love.

Oh and btw if there are any ODF coders who want a job, i'm sure we have some work for ya :thumbsup:

and i just threw some dom ships in there to be diverse.

Attachments

Breen fleet.png
posted on December 8th, 2011, 1:12 am
We're working hard and diligently on this mod....but its gonna be somewhat slow...ive had a small surgery so im gonna be a little slow with weapon production...but itll be okay nonetheless....
posted on December 8th, 2011, 2:13 am
Majestic wrote:As for Cardassians, as Terra said probably not, but who knows if the team is really eager I would let them use my Cardassians (I have two full races worth) so they wouldn't have to do any models what so ever.

I don't see why we couldn't, but it would certainly be after all the other races and would depend entirely on the community's willingness. :blush:
posted on December 8th, 2011, 1:36 pm
Terra_Inc wrote:I doubt they will be done - there has been enough material for them in the past (see f.ex. AOW, or Dan's fullrace).

Not enough material? they are a full race in a2.... and there are loads of ship models from other mods that people have done.
posted on December 8th, 2011, 3:36 pm
MrXT wrote:Not enough material? they are a full race in a2.... and there are loads of ship models from other mods that people have done.

No xt, hes saying that they won't be done BECAUSE of the ammount of good quality work out here for them. :thumbsup:
posted on December 8th, 2011, 6:31 pm
Styer Crisis wrote:No xt, hes saying that they won't be done BECAUSE of the ammount of good quality work out here for them. :thumbsup:

Precisely. Right now, our focus is on the more neglected factions - Breen, and after them possibly the Son'a.
posted on December 9th, 2011, 9:53 am
Sounds great adding more races, duno if got the time to join "another" forum, make friends, make posts, get rep.. anything else?

I would really concentrate on models and weapons as the FLOPs team are currently reworking the factions so your mod won't be balanced to the new version when its availible.
posted on December 9th, 2011, 2:38 pm
Sure, its  only a mod, so it won't be perfect.  I don't think we plan to make ranks for the ships either, but it will work in FO non the less.

davel27 wrote:Sounds great adding more races, duno if got the time to join "another" forum, make friends, make posts, get rep.. anything else?

Making friends is the biggest part of that. :thumbsup:
1, 2