Tereanan Empire Resource Concept

Question: What is your opinion on the efficiency of these resources?

Total votes: 0
Very efficient, the fleet is stronger with an overall lower cost.0 votes (0%)
Efficient, the fleet is stronger with the same cost as before.0 votes (0%)
Neutral, the only difference is that you save time building up the fleet.0 votes (0%)
Inefficient, it costs more for the same fleet strength.0 votes (0%)
Very inefficient, it costs more for a weaker fleet.0 votes (0%)
posted on October 16th, 2012, 4:23 pm
Because Fleet Operations does not support addon resources, and because the Tereanan Empire will use resources that don't exist in Fleet Operations, and because these resources can be replicated, I thought that I would simulate the resource cost of these ships by increasing the cost of the vessels. To best demonstrate this, I will use the Federation ships as an example.

d = Dilithium
t = Tritanium
s = Supply

xd = Tereanan version of Dilithium (Exomite, must me synthesized)
xt = Tereanan version of Tritanium (Exotanium, must me synthesized)

The Federation scout costs:
167 d
70 t
6 s

If the scout was built with the same materials as the Tereanan ships, it would cost:
214 d
207 t
40 s

Here's why:
1.1 d + 0.7 t + 0.2 s = 1 xd
0.43 d + 1.29 t + 0.14 s = 1 xt

I'm pretty sure that I know what you're thinking. Those ships better be worth their cost! Let's take a look at the new stats and you decide if it's worth the extra cost.

Offensive: 1 xd = 1.95 d
Defensive: 1 xt = 3.5 t
System: 1 xd = 2.43 d

This translates to the scout now having:

6 Offensive Value
35 Defensive Value
7 System Value

The Federation scout will now last three times longer in battle that the Saber class destroyer, and will deal 50% more damage than the Saber in that amount of time (half dps, but 3 times longer dealing the dps).

Build times will be similar to the other factions which don't use these new resources, but that means the amount of resources consumed per second will be much higher than any other faction in the game, requiring you to chose what ships to build. Let's do another example with the Saber.

Normal Resource Cost:
286 d
85 t
9 s

New Resource Cost:
351 d
309 t
78 s

New Ship Values:
21 Offensive Value
42 Defensive Value
12 System Value

Is the new Saber worth the extra cost? You decide!

That's the new resource concept for the Tereanan Empire. These numbers are not final, but I figured that they're a good place to start.