Stargate Mod for Fleet Operations

1, 2, 3, 4
posted on March 3rd, 2013, 4:15 pm
Last edited by miklosgo on February 18th, 2016, 11:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
StarGate Mod for Fleet Operations

This is a StarGate mod with three races in one game.
The Tau'ri, the Goa'uld Empire and the Wraith.

The Ori and the Replicators will be part of the Fleet Ops somewhere in the future :-)

Tau'ri was the term used by the inhabitants of the Milky Way to refer to Earth and human beings from Earth. The word means "first ones" or "those from the first world" in Goa'uld in the sense that human life began on Earth.
The Tau'ri have rapidly risen to prominence and have become a major superpower in both the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies. They have caused the downfall of many other galactic powers, including the Goa'uld Empire, the Replicators, the Ori, the Asurans, and they are well on their way to ending the Wraith domination of the Pegasus Galaxy where even the Ancients had failed. As a result, they are often treated with caution by other major races.

The Goa'uld are a race of sentient parasitic beings that take over hosts. Several species can serve as hosts, including humans and Unas. They originated on the planet designated P3X-888. They are also extremely egomaniacal due to their genetic memory and the adverse mental effects of the Sarcophagus technology. Goa'uld means "god" in the Goa'uld language. Races which will not serve them are completely destroyed without compromise.

The Wraith are a vampiric hive-based species that harvest the 'life-force' of other humanoid beings for nourishment through suckers on their right hand palm. Countless worlds in the Pegasus galaxy live in constant fear of the Wraith, who return periodically to cull their human herds. After taking their fill, the Wraith hibernate for centuries, watched over by Keepers, before they wake and feed again.

The Replicators are antagonistic self-replicating machines that propagate by ingesting the metals that make up civilizations and use them to create either blocks that form the bug-like version or smaller cells that compose the human-form "Replicators". The Replicators are primarily the enemies of the Asgard race. The Asurans are essentially human-form "Replicators".

The Ori were the first evolution of humanity along with the Ancients. The Ori (pronounced or-eye) were a race of Alterans that learned how to ascend and used their knowledge and power as a justification and a means to demand the worship of mortal beings.

(Source: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate_Wiki)
posted on March 3rd, 2013, 4:34 pm
Wow, extremely nice! Looks like a great StarGate Mod. I have a mini one, took apart my StarGate - Star Wars Mod for the mods directory, I might have some ships and stations you could be interested in.
posted on March 3rd, 2013, 8:16 pm
One question, what version of FleetOps will this be for? Will it work in 3.2.7 with the Mods Directory?
posted on March 3rd, 2013, 9:33 pm
Hey,

Feel free to use any of my stuff from A2Files if you like, All I ask is that you give credit accordingly.

http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Puddle_Jumper;81632
posted on March 4th, 2013, 5:45 pm
Last edited by miklosgo on February 18th, 2016, 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
New Screenshots from the building StarGate Mod.

@Je_mezu24:
This is an older version of the Fleet Ops. It has nothing to do with the new version. After download my mod, you must to unzip somewhere on your hard disc and launch the game. Probably a future version will use the new install option to the Mod directory.

@ColdDarkParanoia
Thank you so much for your puddle jumper, but unfortunately I can't download or use the models from the Armada2 files. It's something with the Server and they let peoples to download only from some parts of the world and I'm not there :-)
But I can use my own 3D models build with MilkShape 3d and some amazing models from here:

http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/index.php

Thank you for your interest :-) Regards,

Miklos
posted on March 4th, 2013, 7:30 pm
@Miklosgo: Ok, no offense to you or your mod then because it looks good, I just don't want to keep having to revert to old versions of FleetOps to play one mod and then get out if that install and jump all the way back to the newest version (at the moment 3.2.7) just to play other mods, its the time constraint mostly.

So I guess I'm going to have to try and do some work and transfer your mods (your Star Wars one and eventually this one) into mods for the Mods Directory, I guess for doing that, I could use Adm. Zaxxon's Star Wars Mod as an example. Then when you release versions for the Mods Directory to replace the one version for the newer versions. This would be far easier because once one game finishes through the FleetOps 3.2.7 Mods Directory I can use that menu to select another mod to play, after I prefer to switch from mod to mod on a smooth basis without switching installs to play different mods.

Either way, I can't wait to see this mod come out as well so I can try it.
posted on March 5th, 2013, 4:27 pm
Last edited by miklosgo on February 18th, 2016, 11:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
@Je_mezu24: I understand what you say, is easier to play with a new version of the Fleet Ops, than with the old one.

if you want you can make changes to my mods, without problem.
posted on March 6th, 2013, 12:52 am
@Miklosgo: You don't have to just use the Adm. Zaxxon's Star Wars mod to make a mod for FleetOps, there is also the option of using the STA2_Classic Mod to make a mod.
The Mini StarGate - Star Wars Mod that I have was mostly based on the Star Wars Fleet Operations Mod for stock Armada II, but it was causing problems with my FleetOps executable launching so I removed the mod from the Mods Directory, and separated/removed the StarGate units from that mod and am still having problems with that "new" StarGate mod the removed units are creating.
posted on March 16th, 2013, 8:09 pm
Last edited by miklosgo on February 18th, 2016, 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
@Je_mezu24:
Obviously looks to be an interesting and exciting mod to play Stargate.

After searching the net, I found this site with some ships:

http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/m ... ad&cid=169

Would be nice to have it, but I get along with the available resources and library's :-)

For another StarGate Mods or games, please click here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7635 ... ll-SG-mods
posted on March 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm
I've heard that name before, a major trouble and headache in the A2 Community. I think that person is a disgrace to the community. Do you want me to send you one or both of the mods? You could dissect them and possibly use them if you want to. Let me know, I guess I can give it out to you (someone let me know if I can do this.).
posted on March 17th, 2013, 12:09 am
Lets not forget, without opening too many old wounds, I was once a complete pariah also. I don't think we should be casting aspersions on those who are not here to defend themselves :)

it's a bit overtly religious, but "Hate the sin, love the sinner". We all make mistakes, we all do things wrong.
posted on March 26th, 2013, 5:23 pm
Last edited by miklosgo on February 18th, 2016, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I just put a second hard drive in my computer and a few hours I installed the new version of the Fleet Ops 3.2.7. I must say that compared to previous versions, this version of the Fleet Ops look very realistic. In the following days I will try to play with some mods.
posted on April 5th, 2013, 6:42 pm
Last edited by miklosgo on February 18th, 2016, 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Some new Tau'ri battle-cruisers.

Would be nice to find a way, how to launch fighters from my carrier.......... I find a way, to build my fighters using my carrier, but I want to launch it not to build them :-)

Concerning the ship carrier, in the older Fleet Ops, you can't use something like this. But, I find a way to have around some fighters when you explore distant space with your carrier. Your space carrier is far-far away, and you are in the middle of a battle and you need some ships to protect yourself but the shipyard is far-far away. And I programmed the ODF file, to build my fighters in the same place where is my space carrier. And I can build my fighters almost instantly to defend myself from the enemies.

In the new FleetOps Version 3.2.7, Fighters work.
posted on April 5th, 2013, 8:26 pm
Checkout FleetOps 3.2.7 like I told you. Fighters launch from their carriers just with a special weapon button. Adm. Zaxxon's Star Wars Mod does it, and I've done it in FleetOps 3.2.7 against the AI. I've also finally done the same thing in SquireJames' KA2:EaW Mod.

Here is the Guide's Section on Fighters, this is how you get what you are looking for to work. When I've asked about the same thing this is where I've been referred to in the Guide:
http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding/fo-odf-commands/gameobject/craft/fighter

Hope this helps you out.
posted on April 6th, 2013, 5:15 pm
Thank you.
1, 2, 3, 4