Starfox RTS

1, 2
posted on July 6th, 2011, 6:16 am
Last edited by The Undying Nephalim on September 19th, 2011, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][/align]

I've actually had this working in progress since long before Sigma came along, but over the years it's been pushed off to the side. Since I'm pretty much stuck waiting for Megadroid's mission editor to be finished before I can really do much more on Sigma I figured I'd work on this in the meantime.

Download Link: Starfox RTS mod - Mod DB
posted on July 6th, 2011, 10:30 am
LOL! the End! Awesome stuff! I also hope Megadroid starts to really push it now.
posted on July 6th, 2011, 10:38 am
Totally amazing :)
posted on July 6th, 2011, 12:32 pm
Woa, had no idea you were this far into it  :woot:  :thumbsup:
posted on July 6th, 2011, 1:32 pm
Really nice looking pulse-weapons. Looks awesome.
posted on July 6th, 2011, 6:15 pm
:woot: awesome!  Starfox: Fleet Ops?  :D
posted on July 6th, 2011, 6:37 pm
Dude!  This is amazing!

If I don't hear this somewhere in your mod, I'm gonna be really disappointed:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFVClvVC2a4&feature=related[/youtube]
posted on July 6th, 2011, 6:39 pm
Boggz wrote:Dude!  This is amazing!

If I don't hear this somewhere in your mod, I'm gonna be really disappointed:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFVClvVC2a4&feature=related[/youtube]

A Starfox game without a Barrel Roll is no Starfox game at all.  :lol:

It's my hope that since Starfox has a much larger fanbase it will draw in a lot of people to Fleet Operations and my other big mod Sigma. Considering Nintendo has practically starved people with no Starfox games in half a decade I hope this might help solve some of the hunger  :sweatdrop:
posted on July 8th, 2011, 7:40 am
Thinking about how the fighter pilots things might work... The new ship registry thing the devs have announced looks like it works by replacing part of the ship's texture, based on a sprite node (like how a teamcolor node changes the color of the ship, based on the team, the registry node changes the texture file based on it's name (set up in a sprite or config file, i imagine)).

Further to that, it seems possible to set up different characters' pilot textures and put them in whatever config/odf/sprite file to differ from fighter to fighter...
posted on July 8th, 2011, 2:15 pm
Atlantis wrote:Thinking about how the fighter pilots things might work... The new ship registry thing the devs have announced looks like it works by replacing part of the ship's texture, based on a sprite node (like how a teamcolor node changes the color of the ship, based on the team, the registry node changes the texture file based on it's name (set up in a sprite or config file, i imagine)).

Further to that, it seems possible to set up different characters' pilot textures and put them in whatever config/odf/sprite file to differ from fighter to fighter...

I think you've figured out his secret! :lol:  I'v been wondering about that myself.
posted on July 8th, 2011, 2:17 pm
I also wondered that... it can't be duplicating the odf text straight out of the file like the tooltip would.
posted on July 11th, 2011, 6:24 am
My secret? I presume you mean having different fighter pilots for each fighter craft?  :shifty:

Anywhoness, here's a sample of a mission briefing for the game... theoretically should be possible using MMM by just playing the .bik file over the whole screen right when the mission starts:
[youtube]EGwj_pFNZzg[/youtube]
posted on July 11th, 2011, 11:39 pm
Looks great.  You have far more talent than I think I will ever have with animations TUN.  You never cease to impress me.  :thumbsup:
posted on July 28th, 2011, 9:46 pm
Gaaaameplay:

posted on July 28th, 2011, 10:12 pm
Looks like it is coming along very nicely  :thumbsup:
1, 2