Personal Star Wars Mod

1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on March 17th, 2013, 12:15 am
Ah okay Dom. Sorry I am not particularly up on the things you guys have managed to fix :) It's still wise to have fairly short filenames though; less likelyhood of a typo :)
posted on March 17th, 2013, 1:07 am
EIther I had a type or the filename was too long because it works now. I named it RebR_adfgttrn.odf.

Any ideas on how to restrict a hanger weapon from firing. Because I've tried 'Reb_earlyhanger1.odf 1 RebR_basictraining1.odf' and that didn't work. Any ideas or is it not possible.
posted on March 17th, 2013, 1:12 am
Only thing I can think of is to have a very small pod with the hangar weapon. The hangar can only be "built" (I suppose you'd say equipped, stocked or something) once a certain research topic is complete. It should also allow you to upgrade the types of fighters onboard, as pods can override each other with primary and secondary build items. So, you could have Z-95s and T-Wings or something, and then a later pod overwrites that hangar with one with X-Wings and Y-Wings.
posted on March 17th, 2013, 1:31 am
If I used a pod i'd have to do it on every ship and station that uses them. I guess the simplest way to do it would be to have an original odf with no fighter weapons and have an upgrade that's restricted via the techtree. 'Install fighter hangers' or something, until then it would just be a regular warship. I already have hanger upgrades for the Nebulon-B, Assault Frigate and Bulk Cruiser, I'd have to make one more odf for each of them. As well as my base (Rebel Platform) and Fighterbase (Asteriod Base) My mod is going to be very fighter intensive. Once I've done all the Star Wars Factions I'm going to at least add fighters to every race that doesn't have them (except the Borg, they don't need them) as well as anti-fighter weapons. (not the point defense lasers just a very short range phaser/disruptor/polaron beam array)
posted on March 18th, 2013, 6:54 am
Ok, I've converted the mining station and sensor array. I've also added the Rebellion as a separate avatar to the Federation. It worked just the other day but now when I click the avatar, FO closes and I don't get an error message at all.
posted on March 20th, 2013, 9:27 am
What can cause the game to close without a crash report or any kind of error. Because I've looked at my odfs and techtrees repeatedly and couldn't find an issue.

Help me Fleet Operations modders....your my only hope........
posted on March 24th, 2013, 12:46 am
Ok I've fixed the crash issue and I'm nearly finished with the Rebellion. I still need the textures for the Xiaytar-class transport used as a repair ship and the E-wing. I've looked in the sods themselves and still can't find them. Please help! If someone can send them to me that would be a big help.
posted on March 24th, 2013, 1:36 am
Ok, what was causing your crash problem and not giving you a bug report?

I've had that problem with a mod that I haven't been working on for awhile because of that problem, maybe your problem that you solved could help solve mine.
posted on March 24th, 2013, 2:37 am
It was a techtree issue. I think I didn't have an entry for the mining station or something. Make sure when you're putting multiple things in to put them in one at a time and test each one of them. Don't put 4 or 5 things in at once. That way if you run into a crash you can go back to the object you just put in and deal with it then and there instead of going back through 5 things to find what was causing the issue.
posted on March 24th, 2013, 11:16 am
Oh, I guess that isn't the case for my mod since the Techtree (tech1) is just fine because the stock version of my mod works just fine and if the tech tree had an error not only would the stock version not work but so would the FleetOps version.

When it comes to adding anything to the game, I always add one thing at a time and then test it, never more than one. I've always heard that about adding multiple things at the same time can cause problems. The only disappointment is when asking for help for solving a problem almost everyone first seems to think a person is adding more than one thing at a time, I actually hate hearing it so many times since I'm not adding more than one at a time.
posted on April 6th, 2013, 3:06 am
I'm finished with the Rebellion side of my mod. But I'm looking for a way to generate supply. I've thought about giving the supply mining weapon to the freighter like the Dominion but decided against it.

I want to try and use the trading stations from the original mod and have them generate supply like the Borg station (I forgot what it's called). I'm just wondering which odfs I need to use/modify in order to make it work.
posted on April 6th, 2013, 4:14 pm
If anyone wants to try my mod let me know via email so I can send it to you.
posted on April 6th, 2013, 5:32 pm
Hi. Thank you for your mod. After installing in the mod directory, the game works. The builder ship automatically began to put into operation and alike the other ships. It's a good start. Good work. Congratulations. If you can, maybe you need to put some screenshots from your mod, to attract possible players :-)

Attachments

mod1.png
mod1.png (462.72 KiB) Viewed 403 times
posted on April 6th, 2013, 9:18 pm
Cool. If I can get a hold of some Red lasers I can use those instead of stock pulse canons. I'll be using Adm. Zaxxon's green lasers for the Imperial side. Coming soon!
1, 2, 3, 4, 5