Need some help with an error Log Please

posted on May 6th, 2013, 10:50 pm
As you know I am working on a new expansion mod for Star Trek Armada 2 Fleet operations.
As far as I can tell every thing works fine with the species-> Shadows Avatar but when I finish instant action the game crashes.

So if you can look over the error log and tell me what the problem is so I can fix it please do so.

thank you.

It is kind of an annoying problem.

PS: Also could some one tell me is there a way for me to lower the delay to go from you win or lose the instant action to admirals log?

Attachments

exceptArmada2.txt
Error Log
(82.96 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
posted on May 6th, 2013, 10:57 pm
It looks like it could possibly be related to a ship leveling up. Its possible you mispelled the next rank class or there is a different crash related to the next rank ship itself :)
posted on May 6th, 2013, 11:16 pm
that crash is an unusual one. haven't seen that before. i am not sure exactly what is going on there.
At that point Armada tries to create a list of stuff for the Admirals log Tally screen. It seems to be related to text labels of that are about to be filled with a list of built stuff (i think!).
You could try to test at which point that crash occours - if it is somehow related to some action you do (like after constructing a building or vessel). You should be able to visit the Admirals log even during the game without ending it from the escape menu. It should give you the same crash, there, too.

Hope that helps somehow.
posted on May 6th, 2013, 11:33 pm
This crash reminds me of another that happens under similar circumstances. Perhaps it is the same -

You may want to check if a Craft that was destroyed during the course of the game has an invalid race ODF command string (or the race string is missing).
posted on May 6th, 2013, 11:34 pm
Guess what I thumbed through all the ship and station files and found out that error log was being caused by a race error.
I had miss labeled the race line on the ship yard and two ships instead of being species it was shadows.

And there is nothing for the admirals log related to the shadows.
Well I guess fleet operations is picky on that matter.
posted on May 7th, 2013, 8:30 am
not all different from armada though :) good to hear you got it solved

btw. it can happen that such a log contains more than one crash. the most recent one is the last one on the bottom. i fell for that a few times already, too. that exploding craft is unrelated.
posted on May 7th, 2013, 12:24 pm
Well I made those fixes and I played an instant action game didn't crash.
But then Played again and same crash next time I'll save the error log and post it up.
So some one who knows how to read it can tell me what the error log says it is.
posted on May 7th, 2013, 1:35 pm
OK yup still crash's at the admirals log.
I fixed the race lines for each of the shadows ships but the game still crashes at the admirals log screen.

I have attached the new error log.

Attachments

exceptArmada2.txt
Here is the error log
(16.92 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
posted on May 7th, 2013, 1:38 pm
the crash is the same as the first one you attached. probably more race setting issues?
posted on May 7th, 2013, 2:42 pm
OK this makes no sense what so ever but here is how I found what was causing the crash related to the Admirals log.

It was the shadow fighter I launched the game hit end mission nothing.
Did it again but I hit end mission after I built a shadow fighter the game crashed double checked the ODF found nothing wrong with it did another launch end mission with the shadow fighter still crashed.
I was like OK, OK I guess I will have to re do it's ODF from scratch.

Now it is not causing the admiral log crash any more.
Don't know what was causing it or why but I am just great full it has stopped.