fire while cloaked?

posted on April 17th, 2013, 12:48 am
Is it possible to make a ship be able to fire while cloaked?
I have tried 3 different ways all of witch resulted in the game crashing.

If it is possible please post the odf's for the weapon that makes the ship be able to do this.
I will put your name into the mod's credits for your help.
posted on April 17th, 2013, 1:03 am
There are already mods that have accomplished that, you can easily fund some at A2Files, http://armada2.filefront.com/.

I'd suggest looking at mods that are for the Scimitar http://armada2.filefront.com/file/ScimitarByClaesStefan;9603 or the prototype Klingon BoP that could fire well cloaked from Star Trek The Undiscovered Country http://armada2.filefront.com/file/BOP_Prototype;7056.
posted on April 17th, 2013, 1:04 am
Yes, a simple weapon ODF command
posted on April 17th, 2013, 1:41 am
I tryed the cloak enhance from the romulan ship game crashed and I added the

//Can this weapon fire while cloaked?
cloakEnable = 1

To the ships weapons but the ship uncloaks to fire.
posted on April 17th, 2013, 2:06 am
It requires more than one ODF file and I've found that that code is useless when trying to get a ship to fire well cloaked, it only seems to mean that the ship can cloak.

I've been able to use Varriants if those files to have other ships fire well cloaked with no crashes. I've given you links to the ones that work, all you really need to do to have multiple versions (per race if you want) is rename the files and not change the coding within the file.
posted on April 17th, 2013, 2:55 am
So to have a ship fire while cloaked I would have to have another ship with it to get the effect to work.

Seems like the developers of Star trek Armada didn't want the ability in the game I guess.
Because even tho I put the odf code into the normal ship weapons it still uncloaks before attacking.
When I try those dual cloaked ships on there own the game crashes when I go to activate the second cloaking device.
posted on April 17th, 2013, 3:30 am
Ah go figure, the one time I expect a command to work identically for special and regular, it doesn't :lol:

To get the effect you desire you'll have to use a cloakingdevicecontrol.
posted on April 17th, 2013, 3:42 am
Not what I was saying SovereignII, I meant that to get the ship to use its weapons well cloaked it takes two special weapons to get the desired effect. Both ships I've downloaded had multiple files for the ship to use its weapons well under cloak, and these files work in FleetOps just fine bypassing what Dominius_Noctis said about using a "cloakingdevicecontrol". I've got ships in FleetOps firing their weapons well cloaked by using the previously mentioned mods, in fact this is the first time I'm ever hearing of anything called: "cloakingdevicecontrol".
posted on April 17th, 2013, 7:34 am
I could swear that the Klingons or Romulans have ships that fire while they are cloaked albeit only once I think. When I send them to a location where the enemy is I get a alert about combat and sometimes catch them firing torpedoes but staying cloaked.
posted on April 17th, 2013, 10:39 am
They do; the veteran Rhienn with the Aldovh Type Cloak can fire while cloaked, though it drains energy and decloaks after a short time. The Romulan Turrets should also be able to fire while cloaked.

Pretty sure the only Klingons that can fire while cloaked is the single-shot Shield Breaking Torpedo special from the K'Vort.
posted on April 17th, 2013, 12:07 pm
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Ah go figure, the one time I expect a command to work identically for special and regular, it doesn't :lol:

To get the effect you desire you'll have to use a cloakingdevicecontrol.

OK that is what I needed right to get the effect I wanted I combined that with the Fleet operations own Improved Cloaking Device. With the weapons having the Disabled set to false command now my ship is firing while shadow cloaked.

Now I was able to set the health and shields as low as I wanted them in the first place.

Thank you every one for all your help. This one was a tricky one to get working the way I wanted it to.