Dominion War Mod 2.5

1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on October 5th, 2018, 2:32 pm
Oh picard456, I noticed that the Cardassian supplies miner flys backwards then what was in the show.

Is that something you can fix? I think that might be model related not ODF related.
posted on October 5th, 2018, 3:13 pm
Sugar Spice wrote:Not repair ships, repairing ships. Meaning ships that you send to be repaired.

They flying through the stations, check it out on your own game using the larger stations. LOL

Agreed, yochenhsieh. lol

Why can't you copy an avatar and create your own picard456?

Why can't you copy an avatar and create your own picard456? ---- What are you talking about?
posted on October 5th, 2018, 3:14 pm
Alright, I'll put ds9 as the starting starbase for the alpha alliance.
posted on October 5th, 2018, 3:15 pm
yochenhsieh wrote:Then I have a very, very long list to change things after this is released.... ;)

Whatever you change, you keep to yourself. A lot of the suggestions you make are things that I hate about other mods that people do.
posted on October 5th, 2018, 3:40 pm
Sugar Spice wrote:Not repair ships, repairing ships. Meaning ships that you send to be repaired.

They flying through the stations, check it out on your own game using the larger stations. LOL

Agreed, yochenhsieh. lol

Because I can't find another repair point on that station. I can't get a map of all the hardpoints. Believe me I tried.
posted on October 5th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Agreed, yochenhsieh. lol

Because I can't find another repair point on that station. I can't get a map of all the hardpoints. Believe me I tried.

Know you've said here you tried. Just wondering if you actually used MS3D and the SOD Importers to view the model within that program. There's a section where all "joints" are labeled and mapped and hardpoints are visible h_hp01 or h_hp1 for example. You double click (I believe it is) on the joint and the section on the model lights up where that hardpoint is. Works for locating things that aren't even hardpoints as well. I've personally used this technique to add more weapons or change weapon locations on models in the game by finding better HP points to use that sometimes look more realistic (and to Canon) than the modders that created the ship put them.

I'm personally not great at making any models at all, sometimes just modify existing ones by cannibalizing parts/sections from other models. Yet besides using MS3D to do that I first started to use that program to locate and find hardpoints on all models. It can take some time if the models have a lot of hardpoints but the results are worth it.

In fact following such a procedure with research stations that constantly crashed the game on them being built my described method here I discovered that those models didn't have the hardpoints the pods were supposed to attach to at all. Using the said method of locating hardpoints I changed the pods building locations using existing hardpoints and after that all those crash causing stations stopped crashing the game and would also build their pods.

If this is something you didn't try, it might work for you as well to find the problem with ships flying through the stations in question for repairing. If worst comes to worse you can use this method to have the ships repair outside the stations by choosing a different hardpoint location to one that you feel looks better.
posted on October 5th, 2018, 6:37 pm
USSJasmine wrote:

Agreed, yochenhsieh. lol

Know you've said here you tried. Just wondering if you actually used MS3D and the SOD Importers to view the model within that program. There's a section where all "joints" are labeled and mapped and hardpoints are visible h_hp01 or h_hp1 for example. You double click (I believe it is) on the joint and the section on the model lights up where that hardpoint is. Works for locating things that aren't even hardpoints as well. I've personally used this technique to add more weapons or change weapon locations on models in the game by finding better HP points to use that sometimes look more realistic (and to Canon) than the modders that created the ship put them.

I'm personally not great at making any models at all, sometimes just modify existing ones by cannibalizing parts/sections from other models. Yet besides using MS3D to do that I first started to use that program to locate and find hardpoints on all models. It can take some time if the models have a lot of hardpoints but the results are worth it.

In fact following such a procedure with research stations that constantly crashed the game on them being built my described method here I discovered that those models didn't have the hardpoints the pods were supposed to attach to at all. Using the said method of locating hardpoints I changed the pods building locations using existing hardpoints and after that all those crash causing stations stopped crashing the game and would also build their pods.

If this is something you didn't try, it might work for you as well to find the problem with ships flying through the stations in question for repairing. If worst comes to worse you can use this method to have the ships repair outside the stations by choosing a different hardpoint location to one that you feel looks better.

Never tried it. If someone could help me do this, that would be great considering that I work a full time job and am doing this in my free time and have a lot more to do to complete this mod.
posted on October 5th, 2018, 11:28 pm
New dominion Avatar

Thanks to Squire James for making this.

Attachments

dominion avatars.png
dominion avatars.png (838.82 KiB) Viewed 780 times
posted on October 18th, 2018, 9:09 pm
Just a thought - I've found the Akira class to be relatively weak in comparison to other startships. I think they should be more powerful given they comprise the bulk of the new Federation fleet. They held their own in the Dominion War and quite a few survived against the Borg in First Contact. I would like to see them more powerful, more on par with the Sovereign class. Whenever I use a fleet of 500 or so comprised of all of the different classes, not many Akira survive. Any thoughts?
posted on October 19th, 2018, 6:18 am
dwing wrote:Just a thought - I've found the Akira class to be relatively weak in comparison to other startships. I think they should be more powerful given they comprise the bulk of the new Federation fleet. They held their own in the Dominion War and quite a few survived against the Borg in First Contact. I would like to see them more powerful, more on par with the Sovereign class. Whenever I use a fleet of 500 or so comprised of all of the different classes, not many Akira survive. Any thoughts?

That's something I really don't want to change. I don't think it is really weak at all. The sovereign class has to be more powerful because it is a class above it. I think it's just your perception that it appears weak, but if you look at the tool tip you can see how powerful it is in relation to other ships. Also to make any changes I would then have to make changes to all six corresponding odf files that go with the akira and then spending time calculating the offensive, defensive and system numbers, convert those to hex and blah blah... it's just too much work and something I don't want to do.

I'm pretty much wrapping things up right now in terms of modifications and I am gonna be testing the game for the next two weeks to make sure there are no glitches or errors. I'm hoping for the mod to be released around oct. 31.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5