Dignity Might Come Soon...

posted on November 26th, 2010, 6:51 pm
For some who are members of MSFC, you may well know the Dignity Class.... or simply forgotten it. I am just making a small project of trying to get it into FO. So far the Tooltips seem to be a breeze. And the ship coding is going along smoothly.

Here is something that may be a point of interest, it will get a Quantum Slipstream Drive. Here are the hooks for balance:
- Capped to 1 per player
- Long Energy Recharge period
- Built from the Eraudi Yard
- Requires Lvl 3 Chassis
- Will require a Quantum Physics Research Center for the special ability (which would involve in the Special Station Cap, thereby relinquishing Warp-in)
- Small supply cost per use of Slipstream Drive

Now, you may ask, is Warp-in worth giving up for one ship? Well, ask yourself, would you like to be able to shoot across fractions of the map almost instantly?
posted on November 26th, 2010, 7:01 pm
Sounds like an interesting ship to occasionally use when bored, with Warp-In being far more useful than a single ship with Slipstream.
posted on November 26th, 2010, 7:25 pm
Nice to hear your interest.  :D
posted on November 26th, 2010, 7:29 pm
Depends on stats Tyler.

If for example it were armed about as well as the descent class or better it'd possibly be worth it, if only as a uber scout, besides you could just decom the station and build a regular warpin afterwards :p .

But yeah, tactics wise, uber scout and what not. You could hit one Exp, enemy rushes to get you, pop up back at base, or hit another Exp.
posted on November 26th, 2010, 7:38 pm
Tok`ra wrote:If for example it were armed about as well as the descent class or better it'd possibly be worth it, if only as a uber scout, besides you could just decom the station and build a regular warpin afterwards :p .

For balance, the slipstream requires the station....

Plus this is a  Experimental Heavy Cruiser, but has stats to compare with the Descent and Sovereign.

Offensive: 61
Defensive: 48
System: 19

Armament:
2x Phaser
1x Quantum Torpedo

Passives:
TBA
posted on November 26th, 2010, 7:40 pm
That seems closer to a Battleship than a Heavy Cruiser.

Tok`ra wrote:Depends on stats Tyler.

If for example it were armed about as well as the descent class or better it'd possibly be worth it, if only as a uber scout, besides you could just decom the station and build a regular warpin afterwards :p .

Only a god ship would be worth sacrificing Warp-In, it would mean losing Steamrunners, Battle Nebula's, Ambassadors, ect. Assuming people used it how it's supposed to be used, as an alternative to Warp-In.

Tok`ra wrote:But yeah, tactics wise, uber scout and what not. You could hit one Exp, enemy rushes to get you, pop up back at base, or hit another Exp.

Hitting expansions like that would only work in early game, before people have a defence set up. Not good for a late game ship, especially one with a supply cost to jump away.
posted on November 26th, 2010, 7:46 pm
wow, this idea actually sounds balanced, if anything it could end up too weak if the ship isnt powerful enough.

i dont like the idea, but it sounds reasonable, especially swapping warpins for it.
posted on November 26th, 2010, 7:59 pm
This would need to be a Fed Dreadnought basicly.

And better yet, have building it require you do a few lines of research AND upgrade the starfleet command to call for this. And have it take up 10 warpin slots, so if you have warpin ships and dont decom or let them die, you cant call for the Dignity (unless teh warpin is ranked up and takes no slots up).

This would push it to endgame tech, and make it not too easy to exploit. Prehaps have the upgrade to get starfleet command to switch to Dignity warpin count as a system upgrade, so once you upgrade you cant switch back, to prevent people from getting the dignity, decoming the building, and going back to warpins.
posted on November 26th, 2010, 8:27 pm
Maybe I can put in a code that prevents the Research station from being salvaged. Going along with Tok's idea. But that remains to be decided.  :whistling:
posted on November 26th, 2010, 11:15 pm
Which Dignity will be this one?
The older one, converted by MaP with that futuristic look, or the newer design, never done for any Trek Game before?
posted on November 27th, 2010, 12:49 am
k_merse wrote:Which Dignity will be this one?
The older one, converted by MaP with that futuristic look, or the newer design, never done for any Trek Game before?

Dignity Class, made by Jetfreak. So far it is only on MSFC. But to give you a hint. It looks like a TNG/Post-TNG version of the Enterprise J.
posted on December 1st, 2010, 2:05 pm
Ok... here is a disappointing factor. Jetfreak, the creator. Told me it can only be hosted on MSFC. So what I will do is when finished, post some screenshots here, and then I'll provide a link to the site (not a direct d/l link).

Hopefully I didn't make anyone's hopes too high.  :sweatdrop: