Weapon Retextures (FO 3.2.5)

1, 2
posted on October 3rd, 2011, 3:50 pm
Last edited by Ressikan on November 1st, 2011, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
After playing a lot as Dominion and Federation, I thought its was time to modify some of the weapons.
These are simple recolors and alpha editing, so they will work in Multiplayer.

Changes:
- deleted the trails for all torpedoes
- recolored the Dominion Polaron
- recolored the Borg torpedoes to make them look more Borgish
- created a completely new quantum torpedo texture from scratch
- altered the photon torpedoes a bit

Choose which version you prefer:

- "Weapon Recolors Dom Purple" contains purple Star Trek Online like Polaron beams and dark blue  Quantum Torpedoes

ImageImageImageImage

- "Weapon Recolors Canon" contains white, slight blue Polaron beams as seen in DS9 and more canon Quantum Torpedoes

ImageImageImageImage

Installation:
Copy the contents of the rar in your Fleet Ops/Data/Textures folder. Don't forget backups.

For the ultimate eye candy I recommend using Adm. Zaxxon's Federation phaser mod found here:
Star Trek Armada II: Fleet Operations - Federation phaser mod

Feel free to share but don't forget proper credits
Hope you like it :)
Thx goes to Avatar_of_Might and Gigadeath for support and ideas!

Attachments

Weapon Recolors Canon.rar
(680.52 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
Weapon Recolors Purple Dom.rar
(740.42 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
posted on October 3rd, 2011, 3:56 pm
Looks nice, especially with no Torpedo trails. Not sure about the Dominion beams though, but that might be just a preference for canon weapon colors.
posted on October 3rd, 2011, 4:03 pm
Tyler wrote:Looks nice, especially with no Torpedo trails. Not sure about the Dominion beams though, but that might be just a preference for canon weapon colors.

Thx :) Yeah the purple Polarons are very uncanon, but I thought they would fit nice with the Dominion.
The trails always annoyed me, because there is nothing that can create a trail on a torpedo.
posted on October 3rd, 2011, 4:16 pm
Ressikan wrote:Thx :) Yeah the purple Polarons are very uncanon, but I thought they would fit nice with the Dominion.

Nah, the blue ones fit just fine I think. Just give them the original sound FX from DS9 B)
posted on October 3rd, 2011, 4:41 pm
Great work on the new colors man.   :woot:  Is this your first mod?

Do I spy my Excalibur as well? :innocent:  I think I have a fan. :blush:
posted on October 3rd, 2011, 4:49 pm
Yep this is my first "released" mod. Yes thats your Excalibur right there.
Although I modified it heavily.  :innocent: Like many other ships from you  :whistling:

To everyone not liking the purple Polarons.
Simply delete weapon_polaron.tga and weapon_polaronflare.tga from the rar before copying the mod in.
posted on October 3rd, 2011, 4:50 pm
Awesome.  B)  And I just noticed that that link you put in your post goes to my mod, but the attachments are all broken.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :thumbsup:
posted on October 3rd, 2011, 4:58 pm
Last edited by Ressikan on October 3rd, 2011, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, I didn't check that. Good that the first person noticing it, is you :)
posted on October 4th, 2011, 12:37 am
I haven't really had a chance to play this mod too much yet but thanks for the new weapons textures and for pointing out the phaser width mod as well. I never understood why they made those beams so thick, same thing with Bridge Commander.
posted on October 5th, 2011, 5:04 am
Last edited by Adam_C on October 5th, 2011, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
i much prefered the look of torps pre-odf* change 
posted on October 5th, 2011, 3:28 pm
pre-odf* change ?
Did the torpedoes look different in earlier versions?
posted on October 5th, 2011, 6:01 pm
Ressikan wrote:pre-odf* change ?
Did the torpedoes look different in earlier versions?

until version 3.1.2, the weapons looked very differently (specifically torps and pulses).
You can always look at old game-replays on the guide.

http://guide.fleetops.net/video/play/347  (the fed torps and romulan pulses from version 3.0.7)
posted on October 31st, 2011, 6:36 pm
After several requests via PM, I decided to give you guys a more "canon" version of my retextures.

This variation gives the Dominion Polaron weaponry a more white, light blue glow and impact effect.

For comparsion, this is a pic of the Polaron beams seen in DS9:

And this is the edited texture made by me.

I also reworked the quantums AGAIN :lol: They are now less blue, more glowy
For comparsion, a few pics of the quantums seen in various scenes in the movies.

ImageImageImage

The edited ones:

ImageImageImage

I hope you guys like it !

Attachments

Weapon Recolors Canon.rar
(680.52 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Weapon Recolors Purple Dom.rar
(740.42 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
posted on October 31st, 2011, 10:34 pm
Ressikan wrote:The trails always annoyed me, because there is nothing that can create a trail on a torpedo.

Yes there is! Torpedoes use baurite (i dunno how to type properly im interpreting from speech) compound thruster pack to manuever toward the target. Is pretty much a combustible and should leave a trail as an old diesel truck! :D
posted on November 1st, 2011, 1:31 am
Looking nice!  I always enjoy putting little texture mods like this in my replays, so if its okay with you, Id love to show off your work next time I do one.
1, 2