Starship refits

posted on August 19th, 2011, 4:03 pm
This is just an example of how to set up ship refits so that there is cost and time involved, and the refit can only be done near a specific station.

In this case, a veteran Excelsior refits to an E2 and a veteran Nova refits to the Rhode Island.  You have to park the ship within a range of 800 of an Eraudi yard to start the refit.

Attachments

VeteranRefits.zip
(23.53 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
posted on September 10th, 2011, 1:56 pm
800 is that short or dogfight range?
posted on September 10th, 2011, 2:30 pm
800 is long -> arty radius I believe
posted on September 10th, 2011, 6:45 pm
800 is long, 1100 is arty...I believe dogfight is 200 but I could be wrong.
posted on September 10th, 2011, 7:02 pm
dogfight is 200
short is 400
medium is 600
long is 800
arty is 1100
strategic is 1400
posted on September 11th, 2011, 11:54 am
Yep, long range.  I went on the theory that if you're in weapons range of most ships, you're probably close enough for retrofit work.

All of the cost settings are just what I use in my mod for creating unique, non buildable veteran refits - I probably should have made it cheaper for this version.  Just an example, though - everything is easily changed.
posted on September 11th, 2011, 1:44 pm
dragonmalice wrote:Yep, long range.  I went on the theory that if you're in weapons range of most ships, you're probably close enough for retrofit work.

All of the cost settings are just what I use in my mod for creating unique, non buildable veteran refits - I probably should have made it cheaper for this version.  Just an example, though - everything is easily changed.

good logic, long weapons range would easily be in range of light shuttles used at stations.
posted on September 23rd, 2011, 12:45 am
Isn't the Rhode Island just a regular Nova that stocks up on Quantums instead ?  :P
posted on September 23rd, 2011, 10:47 am
Tok`ra wrote:Isn't the Rhode Island just a regular Nova that stocks up on Quantums instead ?  :P

no, its a refit that looks very different and is better in almost every respect. it's probably the best standard warpin at present.