Star Trek Armada II Import

1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
posted on August 30th, 2016, 11:49 pm
That link is not the correct version. It's 1.2b and the current one is 1.2d.
posted on August 31st, 2016, 12:54 pm
TChapman500 wrote:That link is not the correct version. It's 1.2b and the current one is 1.2d.

Any chance we can update the one on MOD DB to 1.2d?
posted on August 31st, 2016, 8:04 pm
That's up to whoever uploaded it there in the first place.
posted on September 1st, 2016, 12:15 pm
TChapman500 wrote:That's up to whoever uploaded it there in the first place.

I was thinking that person was you! is there no chance to do that?
posted on September 1st, 2016, 1:45 pm
I don't think I even have a MODDB account yet. :lol:

Anyways, it's fine by me if it gets updated.
posted on July 20th, 2017, 10:14 pm
I'm trying to use this mod but it keeps crashing when I try to load it. I select it from the mod menu but it when it loads I get an exception error. Any ideas?
posted on July 23rd, 2017, 1:28 pm
Any chance you would make a ModDB account and upload it?
posted on November 2nd, 2017, 9:03 pm
Long time no post!

So I've gotten back into this game and have been tweaking and making some improvements as I always do. The 8472 passive embryo and Ferengi cargo ship didn't have an alpha channel so I gave them one. The marauder doesn't have one either but when I gave it an alpha channel the ship went totally transparent. Whats going on here? I'm guessing I will need a hex editor to fix it either way.
posted on November 3rd, 2017, 4:38 pm
That would be because of the settings of that SOD, probably exported as an Armada 1 SOD, which many SODs in Armada 2 were as they were simple hang overs from Armada 1. The stock game is a total shambles honestly.

This means that the alpha layer controls transparency (as it did in Armada 1. No lightmaps there) rather than emission/lightmaps.

Not sure how to fix it via hex editor. Probably easier to import it into Milkshape and re-export it with the right settings (remember to use !phong rather than !lambert to get even nicer lighting effects)
posted on January 21st, 2019, 7:34 pm
As of January 2019, using 1.2d (which appears to be the latest version), decommissioning ships and stations still does not return any resources.

Edit: When rifraf made his STA 2 campaign mod for fleetops he added a line to each ship ODF file for recycledilithium= & recyclemetal=. Those lines are missing from the ship ODF files for this mod. Interestingly, these lines are not in the original STA 2 ship ODF files.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
posted on January 22nd, 2019, 5:50 pm
IIRC a side effect of using FO as the parent for a mod was that recycling was deactivated. I used the recycledilithim and recyclemetal lines in the ship and station ODF's as a work around. Those lines do not appear in the stock game files generally and were never added to the Import mod either.

You'll either have to add them yourself or perhaps a future update from TChapman500 will add them?
posted on January 22nd, 2019, 6:59 pm
rifraf wrote:IIRC a side effect of using FO as the parent for a mod was that recycling was deactivated. I used the recycledilithim and recyclemetal lines in the ship and station ODF's as a work around. Those lines do not appear in the stock game files generally and were never added to the Import mod either.

You'll either have to add them yourself or perhaps a future update from TChapman500 will add them?

Is there a way to automate the process or does each ODF need to be edited individually? When you made your mod, did you go into each ship ODF, calculate 80% of the build cost, and add the recycledilithium & recyclemetal lines?

Also (if you remember) why did you comment out the recycledilithium & recyclemetal for some of the stations? In your mod, decommissioning a mining station or shipyard returns resources, but a starbase or turret doesn't.

Are there any other STA 2 import mods for Fleet Ops worth checking out? Yours and Chapman's seem to be the 2 popular ones. I've gotten countless hours out of Armada 1 but this is my first time playing Armada 2. Thanks for stopping by to reply - much appreciated!
posted on January 23rd, 2019, 5:46 pm
I am not aware of any way to automate it. I went into each one individually.

Good question on why I don't have those lines in all stations. I can't think of a reason why I don't so maybe I forgot? I've been working on an update for years (slowly) so maybe I'll have to check those.

There are lots of great mods on the site, but I'm not sure if any others are like ours in just basically bringing stock or mostly stock A2 to FO? You'll have to check the modding thread for what's been released.

Always glad to help.
posted on January 24th, 2019, 12:12 pm
rifraf wrote:I am not aware of any way to automate it. I went into each one individually.

Good question on why I don't have those lines in all stations. I can't think of a reason why I don't so maybe I forgot? I've been working on an update for years (slowly) so maybe I'll have to check those.

There are lots of great mods on the site, but I'm not sure if any others are like ours in just basically bringing stock or mostly stock A2 to FO? You'll have to check the modding thread for what's been released.

Always glad to help.

Hi, if you're going to update the A2 Upgrade mod, the Keldon's specs has less construction costs and also weaker weapons than the galor class. Perhaps considering take a look at it?

Thanks for your hard work.:)
posted on March 14th, 2021, 7:52 pm
I fixed STA2 Classic's ODF files by copying the recycle values from the STA2 Upgrade Project
Python script:
Code: Select all
from pathlib import Path

target = Path('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Activision\\Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations\\Data\\mods\\SSTA2 Classic\\odf\\ships')
source = Path('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Activision\\Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations\\Data\\mods\\STA2 Upgrade Project 2014\\odf\\ships')

dil = 'recycledilithium'
met = 'recyclemetal'
bio = 'recyclebiomatter'

targetFiles = target.iterdir()
for item in targetFiles:
    with open(Path(source, item.name)) as f:
        lines = f.readlines()
        for line in lines:
            if line.find(dil) == 0 or line.find(met) == 0 or line.find(bio) == 0:
                item.open('a').write(line)
1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21