Roots mod has been released!

1, 2, 3
posted on November 1st, 2019, 3:26 am
Did some more play testing to figure out why i was getting random freezes in the middle of games.. i had swapped out the Art_CFG and RTS_Config files for my own and they apparently don't play nicely for what ever reason.. even though they are modded from FO source.. so who knows..

also some unusual behavior. I was playing against Cardassians and at some point, some how.. my Fed ships started spawning little hideki corvettes. at first it was just one ship.. but then it started happening more often. is this an intended effect? is it caused by one of the weapons that the Kulinor class is equipped with? Please let me know.

Also... on the ship movement front.. I noticed that the mining freighters move in the cloverleaf as they mine dilithium/tritanium. How was this achieved? I would love to integrate this feature into a few of my ship classes.. like i said in a previous post.. adds more realism (lol ironic), makes it more Star Trek-y LOL
posted on November 1st, 2019, 9:34 pm
Last edited by Tecnitron on November 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wish I could test it , are there more formations ? wish i could help. i hope i will learn from you . :ermm:

do they come out like separatet or are the hidekis playable ? :o or do they come out and go back like it is by those brinok drones ? very interisting .

i know some ships have romulan or federation or klingon figthers that can spawn , but i wasn't coming so far ...
when it is in here.
posted on November 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm
they spawn as enemies.. and the ship fires weapons and destroys them.. sooo Idk why that is.. I played a full match against Cardassians and Dominion today with Klingons as allies and it didn't happen..

sooooo i have zero clue LOL
posted on November 1st, 2019, 9:56 pm
a friendly ship spawns enemys now it gets mysterious :lol: hm a fed file uses a card file but where
it turns into enemy ? yes when enemy is there your ship will fire normaly :D
Halloween is over now , maybe its away :D
hm in editor i give numbers what will be enemy but in running game a sudden change wow :blink:
1, 2, 3