Federation Outpost (FO 3.1.5)

1, 2
posted on December 29th, 2010, 5:13 pm
Last edited by Tyler on January 9th, 2011, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A modification that gives the Federation avatars a Starbase varient seperate from the other; Risner with a Regula-ty and Mayson with a Starbase 375-type. Risners HQ can also support orphaned Starfleet fighters. The pre-avatar selection outpost is a smaller version that doesn't have anything on the lower half, so different models is believable as a basic starter being refit to the avatar-specific one.

There are almost 50 hardpoints and all weapons have multiple seperate ones, so no phasers and torpedoes firing from the same place.

Due to the size of the textures, they are on another website: Megaupload, with an alternate download link: Rapidshare.

A small fix has been added to the attached files that will fix a hardpoint issue; some upgraded Risner stations still used the stock Hardpoint way out in front of the station.

Attachments

Federation Outposts (FO 3.1.5).rar
(491.27 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
Pre-Avatar selection.JPG
Mayson (Starbase 375-type).JPG
Risner (Regula-type).JPG
Federation Outposts Odf fix (FO 3.1.5).rar
(15.69 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
posted on December 29th, 2010, 5:18 pm
thats pretty nice.
posted on December 29th, 2010, 5:25 pm
Did you make the models yourself tyler?
posted on December 29th, 2010, 5:37 pm
No, they come from the 'contest runner-up' Outpost pack from A2Files.

This isn't a pay site, I am not charging for this, they aren't kitbashed and I am not porting to another game, so it meets the stated permissions in the readme (which is included).

My work can be used in other persons mods if they give proper credit in the read me, under the condition that this mod stays non commercial and is not uploaded to any form of paysite.
posted on December 29th, 2010, 5:40 pm
doesnt megaupload/rapidshare count as a pay site even though these particular files are being given freely?
posted on December 29th, 2010, 5:45 pm
Doesn't a paysite refer to one that requires paid registration to see and use content? Registration is optional at Rapidshare, so I've always had the opinion that it doesn't count as one.
posted on December 29th, 2010, 6:01 pm
Sry didnt mean to accuse i was just wondering because i hadnt ever seen the unavatared version before
posted on December 29th, 2010, 6:08 pm
Interesting.  The starter unit looks a lot like the Federation starbase in stock.
posted on December 30th, 2010, 6:02 pm
Starbase looks good.... I plan to give it a try when I get a chance.
posted on January 2nd, 2011, 9:59 pm
Interesting concept to make a difference between the avatars in station construction, would be cool for yards too  :thumbsup:
posted on January 9th, 2011, 8:08 pm
Is there an FO installation readme? or is it just a copy and paste kind of a deal? Also the new 3.1.5 Excalibur is missing its FO installation readme too...
posted on January 9th, 2011, 8:14 pm
This is a copy/paste, with a few minor changes to the sprite and tooltip in the text files of the same name. The Excalibur likewise includes all the required information in the included text files identified by name.

Just because the file isn't called readme doesn't change what it is. It's less clutter in the instruction to seperate the information into easily identifiable sections.
posted on January 9th, 2011, 8:15 pm
ok thanks
posted on January 9th, 2011, 10:06 pm
I noticed Risner's Starbase was building ships way outside the station itself not in the 'docking bay'
posted on January 9th, 2011, 10:18 pm
Seems I bypassed the build hardpoints on some of the upgraded Stations; they still use the stock one.

Reckon I should move it to build in the bay that they stick out of or have them build by the docking port at the side, like the Mirror Defiant was built?
1, 2