Federation Hayden Class scout

1, 2
posted on August 26th, 2012, 9:03 am
Here you go people, a new Federation scout ship, the Hayden Class. Enjoy 8)

And of course, feel free to comment.

Hayden Class v1.0 by k_merse.rar
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 528 times

hayden4.jpg
hayden4.jpg (122.99 KiB) Viewed 1813 times

hayden5.jpg
hayden5.jpg (120.94 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
posted on August 26th, 2012, 10:43 am
nice little design. looks like its about 5 decks tall so its alot bigger than the venture
posted on August 26th, 2012, 11:57 am
It looks good and has its own look & style. I thought it was strange that it had a shuttle bay. ??? Is it supposed to be more of a long range/extended mission scout?
posted on August 26th, 2012, 1:24 pm
derentis wrote:It looks good and has its own look & style. I thought it was strange that it had a shuttle bay. ??? Is it supposed to be more of a long range/extended mission scout?

that may just be an escape pod. or a bay with 1 shuttle that's meant to function as the escape pod.
posted on August 26th, 2012, 5:42 pm
If you want to know more about the ship, the original designer of the ship explains a lot about it on this website
posted on August 26th, 2012, 6:28 pm
Myles wrote:that may just be an escape pod. or a bay with 1 shuttle that's meant to function as the escape pod.
Quite true. I never would have expected for there to be a large complement of craft. I was just surprised to see an actual shuttle bay, even if it is more of a "escape pod bay"
posted on August 26th, 2012, 6:45 pm
derentis wrote:Quite true. I never would have expected for there to be a large complement of craft. I was just surprised to see an actual shuttle bay, even if it is more of a "escape pod bay"

remember that it's also possible that there is no bay, just a slot for an escape pod to fit in, like the miranda class sisko leaves in emissary pt 1. from the outside it would be impossible to distinguish the two.
posted on August 27th, 2012, 5:56 pm
Nice design :) some unique elements. Looks like a smaller craft. Given the windows, i would guess something around 100m?
Is it armed?
posted on August 27th, 2012, 6:00 pm
Seems to have 4 phasers, at least.
posted on August 27th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Myles wrote:remember that it's also possible that there is no bay, just a slot for an escape pod to fit in, like the miranda class sisko leaves in emissary pt 1. from the outside it would be impossible to distinguish the two.
I had never noticed that before. I went and borrowed the episode from my library to see for myself. Indeed that alcove could be for an escape pod, I was just so used to seeing that shape for shuttle bays.
posted on August 28th, 2012, 2:30 am
derentis wrote:I had never noticed that before. I went and borrowed the episode from my library to see for myself. Indeed that alcove could be for an escape pod, I was just so used to seeing that shape for shuttle bays.

your library has tv shows? if i were welcome in my local library i'd check if they had any, but i doubt they would. you have an awesome library, and a valid reason to actually enter a library.
posted on August 28th, 2012, 4:40 am
Hello to my friends here, also playing STO and love the galaxy class refit, been away for a while ive seen some changes here. :D
posted on August 28th, 2012, 10:55 am
Myles wrote:...and a valid reason to actually enter a library.

Books don't count?
posted on August 28th, 2012, 1:12 pm
Nutter wrote:
Myles wrote:...and a valid reason to actually enter a library.

Books don't count?

books are the last thing i'd enter a library for now.

the main thing i'd enter for is to mooch off their wifi or use one of the computers.

with that internet i can get any stuff i need. i got all my textbooks off the internet for my degree.
posted on August 31st, 2012, 7:11 am
I cant get this ship to work in-game. I put it in my mods folder and launched it, didnt work. Copyed and overwrit the files in my data folder, didnt work either. Help?
1, 2