Dominion War Mod 2.0

1, 2, 3
posted on August 17th, 2017, 2:39 am
Okay, new weirdness. Now I can't play as the Dominion. I'm having the same issue as I did with the Borg. I get to the Avatar selection screen and the game crashes.

Edit: Okay now its working again, I was playing around with the settings I think it might be tied to the anti-aliasing or asynchronous mouse cursor.
posted on August 23rd, 2017, 4:37 am
picard456 wrote:The second version of my mod is finally here....

Breen Race Has a Glitch with the Son a Hero Ship. ( Correct me if I am wrong)

Love Love Love the MOD! Me and Sigg have been playing this thing everyday since we downloaded it a month ago. The gameplay is great. The hero ships are awesome. You did a helluva job! The new races are super cool. Breen has always been one of my favs. Like I said we have been playing the sh#t out of this mod!
One thing we noticed is that you can call in more than one Son A hero ship at a time. If you build 4 sensor stations, you can call 4 of them in at one time. All the way up to 7 sensor stations and 7 Son A Hero ships in at the same time. Well since Son A has that devastating weapon you can build 4 sensor stations in the beginning, call in 4 or more Son A ships, fly over to the enemy base and destroy everything with like 4 shots. Or you can keep calling Son A in over and over from one sensor station as long as he doesn't die in between time up to 7 Son A ships and 12 of those little support ships.
posted on August 23rd, 2017, 2:17 pm
FooFighter wrote:
picard456 wrote:The second version of my mod is finally here....

Breen Race Has a Glitch with the Son a Hero Ship. ( Correct me if I am wrong)

Love Love Love the MOD! Me and Sigg have been playing this thing everyday since we downloaded it a month ago. The gameplay is great. The hero ships are awesome. You did a helluva job! The new races are super cool. Breen has always been one of my favs. Like I said we have been playing the sh#t out of this mod!
One thing we noticed is that you can call in more than one Son A hero ship at a time. If you build 4 sensor stations, you can call 4 of them in at one time. All the way up to 7 sensor stations and 7 Son A Hero ships in at the same time. Well since Son A has that devastating weapon you can build 4 sensor stations in the beginning, call in 4 or more Son A ships, fly over to the enemy base and destroy everything with like 4 shots. Or you can keep calling Son A in over and over from one sensor station as long as he doesn't die in between time up to 7 Son A ships and 12 of those little support ships.

But there is still a cap in how many hero ships you can call right? I'm gonna check out what you are saying later today. I'm glad the you are enjoying my mod.
posted on August 25th, 2017, 3:03 am
Yes there is still a cap, but its like 7 hero ships all at the same time.
posted on August 25th, 2017, 3:06 am
FooFighter wrote:Yes there is still a cap, but its like 7 hero ships all at the same time.

So it's not a glitch, that's good.
posted on September 11th, 2017, 9:44 pm
Might try caping how many sensor stations you can build. That might help with this.
posted on February 6th, 2018, 12:46 am
Hi! New dude here, been looking into this mod and it looks pretty epic! Unfortunately I'm not very computer savvy and may need some help getting the mod installed, pics help haha.
posted on February 6th, 2018, 1:07 am
Dethmagnum88 wrote:Hi! New dude here, been looking into this mod and it looks pretty epic! Unfortunately I'm not very computer savvy and may need some help getting the mod installed, pics help haha.

Do you have the original fleetops installed first?

1. Install fleetops
2. make a new folder and just unzip my mod into the new folder separate from fleetops
3. play

check back in a few weeks, I'm planning to release a newer version of my mod with some new things. I will post pics in due time.
posted on February 6th, 2018, 1:28 am
Yes I have fleetops installed, I'm just not sure how to get the mod to function. I'm honestly clueless when it comes to this sort of thing, hell I needed help getting fleetops in the first place if that's any indication.
posted on February 6th, 2018, 2:01 am
Dethmagnum88 wrote:Yes I have fleetops installed, I'm just not sure how to get the mod to function. I'm honestly clueless when it comes to this sort of thing, hell I needed help getting fleetops in the first place if that's any indication.

Make a folder on your desktop and name it star trek dominion war mod. then unzip my mod into that folder. Then double click the data folder and looking for the .exe file and play the game.
posted on February 6th, 2018, 2:15 am
Your a saint, thanks!!
posted on February 6th, 2018, 3:23 pm
Dethmagnum88 wrote:Your a saint, thanks!!

8)
posted on June 16th, 2018, 1:29 pm
I know you're focussed on the update to this mod, but wanted to make a note on this thread about an issue as it concerns this release:

When playing the Borg (not the multiplayer version), it is very random as to what you can research in the Borg tech tree.

Sometimes after choosing a few upgrades the others are blacked out (as if they have been researched already) - but actually haven't been. So I may be able to research the holding beam and massive devastation and possible the cutting beam - but then the other upgrades are no longer available to research and are not equipped on the ships. So could be missing nanites and others.

Sometimes if I'm lucky, I can build 3 Transmission matrices, and then try and select a different item I want at the same time and sometimes this works, but other times as soon as you click on a researchable item some of the others go red and can't be researched.

This is quite annoying as you have to restart the game and try again and fingers crossed you get what you want.

Is this something others have experienced or I'm wondering if something has been corrupted?
posted on June 16th, 2018, 2:33 pm
Maverick wrote:I know you're focussed on the update to this mod, but wanted to make a note on this thread about an issue as it concerns this release:

When playing the Borg (not the multiplayer version), it is very random as to what you can research in the Borg tech tree.

Sometimes after choosing a few upgrades the others are blacked out (as if they have been researched already) - but actually haven't been. So I may be able to research the holding beam and massive devastation and possible the cutting beam - but then the other upgrades are no longer available to research and are not equipped on the ships. So could be missing nanites and others.

Sometimes if I'm lucky, I can build 3 Transmission matrices, and then try and select a different item I want at the same time and sometimes this works, but other times as soon as you click on a researchable item some of the others go red and can't be researched.

This is quite annoying as you have to restart the game and try again and fingers crossed you get what you want.

Is this something others have experienced or I'm wondering if something has been corrupted?

That isn't related to my mod. If you notice when you put your mouse over the research item they each cost a certain amount of research space. So if you researched something and then eventually. So you basically need to selective in what you can research or not, but you can't research everything.
posted on June 16th, 2018, 3:19 pm
Righto, it's deliberate that explains it, so I think I've found a solution. I've modified the ODF for the collective cap, so I can now have everything. Needed for when I take on everyone else single handed as the Borg!
1, 2, 3