Buildable Warp-Ins Mod - cancelled

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
posted on July 4th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Probably because I got the blue screen error and had to restart.  Try it again.
posted on July 16th, 2011, 12:49 pm
I still can't download it.  I'll send you a PM with my email so I can help test it.  Maybe we can arrange a 'match' to test it out.  Never played online and I don't mind staying on for a while to test things out.  Just remember we're testing and not murderlizing :-P
posted on July 16th, 2011, 1:36 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on July 16th, 2011, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you download any of the previous versions?  It'll help me identify how many have the error if you attempt to download them all.
posted on July 16th, 2011, 1:41 pm
Nevermind.  My IP address changed.  Now I'll have to update all of my links!
posted on July 18th, 2011, 2:01 pm
Works now! Thanks!
posted on July 18th, 2011, 2:48 pm
You're welcome.
posted on July 20th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Yeah... too bad the fed units die so easily... they desperately need hero ships lol.
posted on August 6th, 2011, 9:42 pm
I've got this going but when i build a rhode island-class and try to promote it to veteran i get an exception error, i assume it has something to do with the special weapon or something, i've got the latest version of fleet ops too, any help?
posted on August 6th, 2011, 10:07 pm
What avatar are you using?  And what other ships are giving you this error?

I'll take a look into it and see what I can do.  I also think it has something to do with the special, which I couldn't seem to fix before the last update.
posted on August 6th, 2011, 10:39 pm
im using mayson, so far it hasn't occured with any other ships
posted on August 6th, 2011, 10:44 pm
Well, I've isolated the bug.  Prepare to refresh page 1 in a few minutes.
posted on August 31st, 2011, 10:10 pm
Links on page 1 have been corrected.  I evacuated for a hurricane and the IP changed.
posted on August 31st, 2011, 10:40 pm
Andrew wrote:Yeah... too bad the fed units die so easily... they desperately need hero ships lol.

their health is right on. That's what makes it so fun.
posted on September 22nd, 2011, 4:48 pm
I just finished a test of this mod with Old_Time_Pro and here are the results of the controlled ship-vs-ship matches.  These matches were done without any specials researched or used.  These are Federation vs Federation matches and do not reflect the balance of the entire game.  Also, this was Mayson vs Mayson.  More tests will be conducted soon.

2 Intrepids vs 1 Galaxy:
The Intrepids win by a long shot.  Galaxy is medium range and Intrepids have resistance against medium ranged vessels.  Intrepids are short range and Galaxies take more damage from short ranged.  One of the Intrepids retreated and the other won with hull integrity still pretty high.  The Galaxies spot in the Eraudi Yard at the bottom of the technology tree is balanced by this match.

2 Monsoons vs 1 Galaxy:
The Monsoons won the match, but not by as much as the Intrepids did.  With the Galaxy being medium range, the Monsoons didn't take any increased or decreased damage from the Galaxy.  But with the Monsoons being short ranged, the Galaxy took increased damage from the Monsoons.  The Monsoons won, but not before one of the Monsoons were destroyed.  The other Monsoon had low hull integrity.  The Galaxies spot in the Eraudi Yard at the bottom of the technology tree is balanced by this match.

1 Galaxy vs 1 Excelsior II
The Excelsior II was destroyed by the Galaxy and the Galaxy had about 50% hull left.  The Excelsior II being long ranged played a major part in it's own destruction as the Galaxy deals increased damage to long ranged targets.  Negating the passives, the defensive and offensive values are nearly identical.  Because both the Monsoons and Intrepids counter the Galaxy, it's only fair that the Galaxy would be able to counter something.  The Galaxies position in the Eraudi Yard at the bottom of the technology tree is balanced by this match.

1 Galaxy or Excelsior II vs 1 Nebula - San Francisco Type
In both tests, the San Francisco Nebula was destroyed.  The San Francisco Nebula is not a tactically sound decision for a combat vessel, but when it's special is researched, makes a great scout ship that can spy on the enemy base without fear of being discovered.  It's position in the Eraudi Yard at the bottom of the technology tree is not balanced by this match.  The vessel belongs in the Antares Yard at either Chassis 1 or Chassis 2.

2 Intrepids vs 1 Nebula - San Francisco Type
Again, the San Francisco Nebula was destroyed.  No match for the Intrepids whatsoever.  It's position in the Eraudi Yard at the bottom of the technology tree is not balanced for this match.  The vessel belongs in the Antares Yard at either Chassis 1 or Chassis 2.

2 Galaxies vs 1 Descent
It was clear that the Descent was not going to survive.  One of the Galaxies retreated and the other Galaxy was on the verge of destroying the Descent when both vessels were withdrawn.  The other Galaxy had around 20% shields.  Had the Descent had it's special, both Galaxies would have been destroyed easily.  The Descents position in the Eraudi Yard at Chassis 3 is unbalanced by this match because of it's very powerful special (which was not used in the test).  The Descent is at the top of the technology tree and requires a fleet cap to balance it out.

2 Sabers vs 1 Steamrunner
The Steamrunner was destroyed easily with one of the Sabers having it's shields down to about 60%, but none of the Sabers were destroyed.  This suggests that the Steamrunners position in the Antares Yard at Chassis 2 is unbalanced and should be at Chassis 1 or the bottom of the technology tree.  Considering the actual design of the Steamrunner as being an artillery platform to be used against stations, putting it at the bottom of the technology tree would be overpowered and maybe even Chassis 1 is overpowered.  More testing on the Steamrunner is required before a decision can be made on it's balance.

Current bugs with 2.0.4.10:
  • The Nova - Rhode Island Refit's special requires research, but the button isn't available (working).
  • Neither of the Teutoburg's specials require researching (non-priority).
posted on September 22nd, 2011, 7:43 pm
Last edited by Tok`ra on September 22nd, 2011, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dont know how I missed this, giving it a download now.

edit: Ok I'm liking this, plays nicer than my normal personal warpin mod using the Mckinely station.

Only real minor issues, some of which have already been raised in this thread.

1- Steamrunner imbalance. It makes the tutenberg somewhat pointless as well. I'd recomend making it into a regular combat ship, perhaps the Risner support ship alternative to the Norway, with some special abilties of its own, or or move it down to the same tier as the Saber and have it be the Fed's heavier no-research vessel.
2- really need to either remove the SFC building, or change it's special, be it just letting it randomly warp in a mixture of ALL ships (for an up front cost prehaps ?) or something more radical, such as a speed boost on all allied ships in the area it's cast on, prehaps a strategic warp jump or something, whatever tho, it needs something.
3- I dont recall (unless they're Risner buildables) seeing any Exelcior/Ambasador/Centuar yard options. Prehaps for 'building' older ships, have it explained as simply refitting the vessel for modern fleet actions, and reduce build time significantly but have the cost be driven up as well.
4- Considerng that buildable warpins DOES change the balance of the Feds, prehaps consider a slightly bigger rebalance along the way, as this gives more options to swap ships arround, change stats, etc.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6