Aurora-type Warship (FO 3.1.3)

1, 2, 3
posted on September 16th, 2010, 5:36 pm
yep the ancient warpship was never good looking like the o'neill class, but certainly did it's job.

i prefer to think that the aurora type ships were spammed out near the end of the war where the wraith were near victory, the ancients probably needed some ships quick, and didnt care what they looked like, as long as they handed out the arse whoopings.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 6:17 pm
That probably makes the most sense, but then it begs the question as to what their pretty warships looked like.  I guess your ship doesn't need to look nice when it's basically a glorified Drone spitter with legs.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 6:23 pm
Considering all Lantean warships seen (that I remember) were variations of that basic shape, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the pretty ones...
posted on September 16th, 2010, 6:39 pm
we only saw one other lantean design warship, well it was never explicitly defined as lantean, but the asurans were using it. it looked like a beefed up puddle jumper.

the destiny is ancient in design too, and it doesnt look nearly as ugly as the aurora type.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 6:43 pm
I said ones I've seen, and I never got into the new series.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 6:46 pm
Tyler wrote:I said ones I've seen

you mean fan made designs? i thought u meant on the show.

you should try watch sgu, its good. different from sg1/atl but good in its own way.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 7:02 pm
I've not seen fan designs. Probably missed the 'big jumper' because all I've is the ones similar to the Aurora-type.

I saw an episode of SGU, but didn't really get interested. Probably the lack of the O'Niell wit.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Tyler wrote:I've not seen fan designs. Probably missed the 'big jumper' because all I've is the ones similar to the Aurora-type.

other than the big jumper cruiser used by the asurans we have seen no lantean ships other than the aurora. the only differences between the aurora and the orion for example were minor, like the venture refit is different to the normal galaxy.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 7:05 pm
The Destiny isn't particularly pretty, it's an ugly shape IMO, and the level of detail of badly sticking out pieces on a shape that is streamlined in silhouette really gives the "used future" impression while also making it uglier than most "used future" ships (I think most of them look cool being gritty and with the partially rusted bare metal when it's all-around like that, but Destiny's silhouette makes a horrible contrast.) The new FTL, on the other hand, is beautiful.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 7:09 pm
Myles wrote:other than the big jumper cruiser used by the asurans we have seen no lantean ships other than the aurora. the only differences between the aurora and the orion for example were minor, like the venture refit is different to the normal galaxy.

It was noticably smaller. The Venture refit is the same size as the original.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Tyler wrote:It was noticably smaller. The Venture refit is the same size as the original.

it still counts as aurora type though. it was identified on screen as being the same type of ship. the sizing issues are probably just vfx errors like the many vfx errors in trek.

the constitution refit is longer than the original but is still constitution class. the excel B/lakota is bigger than other excels, but is still excel class.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 7:23 pm
I didn't say they were different classes, just that the ones I saw were varients on that shape. Aurora probably was a scaling mistake; all the rest were more like the Orion.
posted on September 16th, 2010, 7:25 pm
Tyler wrote:I didn't say they were different classes, just that the ones I saw were varients on that shape. Aurora probably was a scaling mistake; all the rest were more like the Orion.

i agree that the orion/traveller ship should be the standard for the class. and that the aurora size was the mistake. but it's a mistake we can forgive as it was the first appearance.
posted on October 17th, 2010, 11:07 pm
Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:The Destiny isn't particularly pretty, it's an ugly shape IMO, and the level of detail of badly sticking out pieces on a shape that is streamlined in silhouette really gives the "used future" impression while also making it uglier than most "used future" ships (I think most of them look cool being gritty and with the partially rusted bare metal when it's all-around like that, but Destiny's silhouette makes a horrible contrast.) The new FTL, on the other hand, is beautiful.
"Ugly shape"?

First time I saw it I thought "E'Djenn with an elongated fore section, COOL!".

It made me wonder if some of the guys in SFX at SGU were FO fans...
posted on February 22nd, 2013, 9:32 am
Hi. Nice work and nice looking ship. Started to work on a Stargate Mod for the Fleet Operations. There will be three races: the Tau'ri, Goa'uld Empire and the Wraith.

Can I use your Aurora ship to be build in my Tau'ri - Ancient shipyard ? Of course I give you a credit with your name and link.

You can check my website www.miklosgo.hpage.com or my posts published here about my mods, like BSG, Wing Commander or Star Wars. Of course my mods can be download for free and you can play with it.
So, my StarGate Mod is under construction and will be released in two - three months.

Let me know if you have some another StarGate Ships, otherwise I can check here for some ships: http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/browse.php

Thank you, regards,
Miklos
1, 2, 3