Assimilated Akira tweak (FO 3.2.5)

posted on June 18th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Allows assimilated Akira Class cruisers to use the Transwarp Drive, Devestating Attack and High-Energy Slizer abilities.

Attachments

Assimilated starship tweak (FO 3.2.5).zip
(882.3 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
Devestating Attack.jpg
High-Energy Slizer.jpg
posted on June 18th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Cool  :thumbsup:
posted on June 18th, 2011, 10:08 pm
Hehe, Looks like a sleeper.
posted on June 19th, 2011, 1:17 am
looks awesome!
posted on June 19th, 2011, 3:16 am
Very nice lol.

I wasn't logged in and I reading the replies and I'm like what are these people talking about? Are they crazy or something?

Again very nice! :thumbsup:
posted on June 19th, 2011, 3:59 am
Great job. Awesome.  :D
posted on June 19th, 2011, 4:44 am
About the texture of assimilated Akira, i prefer the Armada II assimilation texture.
Give the sense of horror.
Looks like an infected ship.
Horrific textures because the Borgs are the villains and must to cause fear on everyone.

Attachments

Assimilated Akira.png
Assimilated Akira 2.png
posted on June 19th, 2011, 8:41 am
more like gives the sense of horrible bleurgh

"we are the borg, you will be assimilated, your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own, your ships will be painted green all visuals will be green, other colours are irrelevant, green is the colour, assimilating is the game, resistance is futile."
posted on June 19th, 2011, 10:43 am
I liked the A2 assimilation, though it probably be better if the green discoloration was only nacelles and a faint glow around those 'things' they stick on the hull.

Full-ship kinda implied they painted the hulls.
posted on June 19th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Tyler wrote:I liked the A2 assimilation, though it probably be better if the green discoloration was only nacelles and a faint glow around those 'things' they stick on the hull.

Full-ship kinda implied they painted the hulls.

Yeah, assimilated ships must to be different of unassimilated ships anyway.
The green texture is unnecessary, but these things on the hull characterize the assimilated ships because it  means upgrades on the hull, repair rate etc.
The Borgs when assimilates ships, they modify it for their own purposes.
posted on June 19th, 2011, 10:16 pm
I love the idea of giving the assimilated akira borg stuff, i've been wanting to see that happen for awhile, i'm actually working on a assimilated excelsior version right now.

I've noticed most of the ships in FO don't have borg textures, are there plans in the works to get borg textures for everything?
posted on June 19th, 2011, 10:19 pm
Assimilated units will get some mash of textures and model bits - the current system was just a placeholder to test one of the features :)
posted on June 20th, 2011, 3:40 am
I would love to see some assimilation textures/models changes in FO that were really over the top and super creative ZEICH where are you :) Sorry for the thread hijack but i like this idea though.
posted on June 20th, 2011, 4:55 am
Dircome wrote:I would love to see some assimilation textures/models changes in FO that were really over the top and super creative ZEICH where are you :) Sorry for the thread hijack but i like this idea though.

Me too.
Assimilation textures with Assimilated Akira Tweak created by Tyler will be very nice.

Assimilated Akira Tweak is the visible attack upgrade.
And the assimilation texture on the ship's hull is the visible defense upgrade like increased hit points, repair rate etc. Because the Borg tend to improve everything for their own purposes, including assimilated ships.
posted on July 16th, 2011, 12:25 am
Last edited by Andrew on July 16th, 2011, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to see all assimilated ships with borg weaponry, lots o green stuff flying around the map :-)

Maybe once a ship is assimilated it's replaced by another ship completely?

Just my thoughts... going to try to start modding some soon... would love to see some complete ship examples with the new mod sys implemented in FO 3.2.5.  I used to mod a2 for fun, just from playing I know I'm going to have fun modding :-)

EDIT: I've seen the templates, I need a bit more than that sadly.  Bit rusty.  I'll download a few mods and pick them apart :-P