Aegian Class (3.1.2)

1, 2
posted on May 9th, 2010, 10:58 pm
A2Files has 21...
posted on May 9th, 2010, 11:00 pm
still not too bad

gamer only had like 2 for the first 2 weeks on his retextures
posted on May 11th, 2010, 1:27 pm
yeah.... I stopped doing that so I could get some higher priority projects done. Hey Zaxx, what is ur email, I need some help with a few things on the weapon odfs for project NEF. And I believe that you might be the best person to help since you don't seem busy. All you need is notepad and a calculator. ;)
posted on May 12th, 2010, 2:27 am
If you need help just PM me :blush:

To keep this somewhat on topic, I"m sure Tyler can help you too, he actually has been modding longer than I have. :thumbsup:
posted on May 24th, 2010, 8:39 pm
I like the Aegian-design a lot. But a less efficient shield recharge clone doesn't seem to be the best special weapon for it because this doesn't add something new. Better than nothing, though.  :blush:
posted on May 24th, 2010, 8:45 pm
I only gave it a shield recharger because it fit the original purpose of the design.
posted on May 25th, 2010, 10:12 am
i dunno, the Aegean i thought was alright but nothing really worth building as other ships like the galaxy was always there to outmatch it, the galaxy was almost always the backbone of any fleet i built in stock A2. who would really use it on FO anyhow?
posted on May 25th, 2010, 10:38 am
People who use Teir-2 ships that don't have a Descent free, that's who. Fans of the Class or odd designs also come to mind. This thing's comparable to the Akira in power.

The Galaxy was able to outmatch anything else the Feds had, being their most powerful stock ship.
posted on May 25th, 2010, 11:10 am
Tyler wrote:People who use Teir-2 ships that don't have a Descent free, that's who. Fans of the Class or odd designs also come to mind. This thing's comparable to the Akira in power.

The Galaxy was able to outmatch anything else the Feds had, being their most powerful stock ship.

indeed and the sovvie was useless to its crew.

as for the odd design, the oberth science ship is even more oddly designed, this ship is based on the sovvie but just a bit smaller, it sounds alright, could do with a texture touch up but otherwise, it maybe useful if it was given a special ability of its own.
posted on May 27th, 2010, 5:37 pm
RedEyedRaven wrote:I like the Aegian-design a lot. But a less efficient shield recharge clone doesn't seem to be the best special weapon for it because this doesn't add something new. Better than nothing, though.  :blush:
what he said... the descent's shield boost already takes a long time to recharge, so if you're dragging it out even more, unless this ship is a defensive tank as well or can punch above what the stock Aggy does, it's just klingon resource fodder and no reason to build it? I downloaded it a bit ago, but have yet to install it (partly cause I have been feeling to lazy to edit my game files) but mainly for what I said above :sweatdrop:

anyone got gameplay reports on this one?
posted on May 29th, 2010, 11:00 am
eoraptor wrote: what he said... the descent's shield boost already takes a long time to recharge, so if you're dragging it out even more, unless this ship is a defensive tank as well or can punch above what the stock Aggy does, it's just klingon resource fodder and no reason to build it? I downloaded it a bit ago, but have yet to install it (partly cause I have been feeling to lazy to edit my game files) but mainly for what I said above :sweatdrop:

anyone got gameplay reports on this one?

That doesn't matter x) I edited the odf's for my personal taste. In my game, the Aegian now is able to toggle between two modes. When the special is active, the ship won't fire torps, but has a very fast shield recharge for itself.
1, 2