Roots Mod 2.0 is out, including single player!

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2, 3
posted on June 18th, 2022, 9:11 pm
Hey there, I know you said you wouldn't be modding for a while, but I'm wondering if you'd like to talk shop about the AI. I'm wanting to make my AI a bit more consistent about attacking and not just stockpiling ships at home. I remember you had really looked at the global AI values when you worked on Roots.
posted on June 24th, 2022, 5:58 pm
Yeah, if you have a specific question I can try and see what I can still dig up from my memory. Most of what I've found though is described here on the forum or in my notes in the AI files (AIPs and strategic_AI_config.txt) of the Roots mod.
posted on July 19th, 2022, 2:17 am
:-D F A N T A S T I C job People.
posted on August 9th, 2022, 8:21 pm
JanB wrote:Version 2.1 is now available for download here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/fleet-ops-ro ... -roots-21/

Its a wonderfull mod. Played some singleplayer missions, instant actions and intend to switch from others mods to this for multiplayer.

There is a bug though: in instant action, when playing sole, the A.I. does not build refinerys. Only 2 in their base, and no more on the map. They sent their mining freighter all around the map.

Question, if you don´t mind: I suggested the mod to friend to siwtch to it in multiplayer. I got Armada 2 both on CD as well as the gog version. Can I play with my friend using LAN/hamatchi using just 1 CD, like the original game offering multiplayer with up to 4 player with 1 CD?
1, 2, 3