Tryptic's Mod 3.8, going on 3.9

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2
posted on April 12th, 2020, 8:12 am
Last edited by Tryptic on February 6th, 2021, 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alright, here it is! There are a whole lot of button/icon updates and bugfixes. Romulans still aren't perfect, but they're further along. I'm looking forward to feedback from you guys.

Oh, and all turrets and stations with torpedo weapons can miss from this version forward. Thanks to Dominus Noctis for sharing the fix for this bug! Also thanks to Admiral Nat for the large number of buttons, and to everyone who found reported crashes and missing tooltips.

I've got a decent roadmap going forward: Version 3.9 will feature my second Borg economy redo, which I somewhat described in a previous post. Higher technology ships and tech stations will cost more Tritanium, while low tech vessels cost more Dilithium even if they are focused on capturing ships, such as Assimilators. This will cause a lot of our existing maps to become unbalanced in favor of early game ships; I'm planning to go through a bunch of maps and tweak their moon placement to fit better with the new resource costs I'm bringing to every race in V4.0.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/y5v9akr ... Operations

=====

Hello everyone from 20 December 2020! Tryptic's Mod V3.9f is released today and can be found at the same link as above. Now all the races have had their ship costs changed such that lower tech ships require more Di and late game ships cost more Tri. Anyone who wants to play with us over this holiday break is welcome to join us on the Discord for games almost daily.

====

And again, in February 2021! I've just released TM Version 3.9h, which will be the last release of Version 3. I've made a large number of balance tweaks, bugfixes, and quality of life improvements in this version and I'm proud to say that it's the best version to date. The link above has some other files as well, and here is a direct link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5mz9ma ... ptic's_Mod
posted on April 12th, 2020, 7:51 pm
Hey tryptic,

I remember you recording us, literally years ago! :sweatdrop:

Well I'm back and I must say that you sparked my curiosity. I remember people talking about the old versions. Can you tell me what your mod does?

The current description is a bit weigh.
posted on April 13th, 2020, 3:54 am
Version 3.8a is now up, since people gave me lots of feedback about some mistakes I made with the Romulans. This version also includes a large number of maps, including my first wave of updates for all of the 2-player and 3-player maps. The 2-player maps were all minor edits and so I kept the map names and authors the same while adding the [20] tag to the filename to indicate my touch-ups.

For the 3-player maps, of which we have very few, I remixed them enough to call them new maps altogether. Therefore, please welcome the new maps ReConvergence and Malta Pi. Hope you guys enjoy them!

@Beef, I'm afraid I've gotten behind on tracking all of the changes, but there is a mostly complete listing here: https://www.fleetops.net/forums/modific ... 3-2d-13841
posted on April 13th, 2020, 1:19 pm
Tryptic mate! Keep up the great work! Thank you for keeping Fleet Ops alive along with the other modders! I look forward to the day the mod has all races playable.
Perhaps a proper mod name would be cool? Fleet Ops: Tryptic Adventures? Tryptic Command? Task Force Tryptic?
What do you think?
posted on April 13th, 2020, 9:03 pm
So not all the races from fleetops are playable?
posted on April 13th, 2020, 9:59 pm
All of the fleet ops races are playable in TM. In some of the versions recently I took out certain races, but they're all back now. The romulans have the most ongoing changes currently.
posted on April 14th, 2020, 9:44 am
Tryptic, I loaded the latest edition of the mod and as Federation immediately before I picked my Admiral, in the top left corner was a Romulan Admiral. It didn't get replaced when I picked a Federation Admiral.

I was wondering would it be possible to reduce the size of the weapon sprites as it seems to overwhelm in brightness the area of fleets battling?

Though simply making the ships a tad bigger would be just as effective so we can better see things?

Another thing I wanted to ask is it possible to flip the models of the stations 180 degrees around? I wish the game allowed rotationary when placing the station build blueprint.

This particular thing is just an appearances comment, is it possible to raise the docking HP or lower the mining station itself for the Federation, so the freighters do not fly through the station?

Some tooltips are messed up on some Federation ships and stations, I can edit in which ones here when I go back in the savegame I have and tell you if you like?

Thanks for any answers to my questions, most appreciated. Keep up the great work!

Side note aren't ship and station explosions supposed to cause damage to surrounding stations and ships?
posted on April 14th, 2020, 9:46 pm
Looks like I need to take a crack at it... I presume the installation consists of simply dropping everything in the installation folder and overwriting if necessary?
posted on April 15th, 2020, 1:03 am
Yeah you know the drill :P
posted on April 15th, 2020, 2:36 am
No! It uses the Fleet Ops mod system!

You create a folder called "Mods" and put the unzipped folder in there, then under the settings menu you can switch to it and create a shortcut that opens the game straight into TM.

Of course, given the way the code is set up, it may also work if you dump it in the data folder but I guarantee nothing.
posted on April 19th, 2020, 8:04 pm
In case it's not clear to anyone, the path to the Tryptic's Mod folder should be something like

C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Fleet Operations\Data\mods\Tryptic's Mod V3.8a

Make sure that inside that Tryptic's Mod folder, are the actual mod files and folders, not another folder called Tryptic's Mod V3.8a
posted on June 1st, 2020, 3:05 am
Hey guys, just bumping this thread so anybody following it knows that I've released 3.9! You can download it via the same link from before.

3.9 fixes a few bugs but the biggest change is that Borg costs have been reworked again. This time, early game ships require more Dilithium while Cubes and especially Diamonds require more Tritanium. So for example blue-beam Assimilators are now Di-heavy as they are an early game ship. This is a preview of sorts for TM Version 4, where all 5 races will have their costs adjusted to match this paradigm. So far in my testing, it really is a lot of fun to play and makes figuring out your economy easier and more intuitive.
posted on June 3rd, 2020, 2:48 am
Hi Tryptic I tired to PM you but dont think it worked. I just wanted to say BRAVO on all you have done with this game AMAZING ! i played this and the original when they came out have played STO for 8 years and wanted to play this again so thankful to all you guys making it playable again and even beyond all expectations. I was wondering if I could pick your brain ? I LOVE the proteus ship mod and the gryphon fighters but i cant for the life of me get them to work following the read me files even an IT friend of mine teamviewed my pc and tied but to no avail . any recomendations or advice on how to get these into the game or your mod? If not I understand and apologize for bothering you and again thanx for all the work you did. cheers
posted on June 4th, 2020, 10:15 pm
I focus on the ship stats in my modding so I'm not too good with model importing and things like that. However I'm surrounded by really skilled modders on the Discord who do that stuff. You could join us and ask some questions there.
posted on June 5th, 2020, 1:07 pm
Hi. Someone could help to use this mode. I searched but couldn't find it.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

:sweatdrop:
1, 2