Problems getting a sod model of a ship

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on September 17th, 2019, 5:36 pm
Hello everyone,

i absolutely love the design of the USS Vengeance. So i wanted to add this ship to the game. Unfortunately I couldn't find a sod model with the textures in the internet. But I found this one:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... -Ascendant

I thought I could get the ship ingame by using the recommanded programm milkshape 3D. So I first used an online converter to get a .obj data. After that I tried to import it in milkshape 3D but it didn´t work (without any error message; just nothing happend). After that didn´t work I decided to try it by using 3ds max and the sod exporter script. But everytime I try to safe it with the sod exporter an error message appears (maybe because I use the current version of 3ds max (2020), but I don´t know where I can get an older version of 3ds max)

I would absolutly love it to get the ship ingame, so I would appreciate any help. Maybe someone of you already placed the ship in game and can share the sod data and the texture data with me (just for private use).

Thanks!

Greetings,

Fleet Deluxe
posted on November 18th, 2019, 12:35 pm
Its possibly too many polys or too many groups