Issues importing old mods to A2 Classic

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on February 17th, 2019, 10:05 pm
I'm running a Windows 7 computer, with Fleet Ops version 3.2.7

I've been trying to import an old mod I used to use way back on a Windows XP machine. It's a combination of Borg Incursion 2 with Ghost's Compilation mod, plus some miscellaneous extras I spliced in. I know, at one point, I had this very same mod working on a different Windows 7 machine and an earlier version of Fleet Ops. Now however, when I copy over the files and load into a game, most of the ships have white models with no textures (including planets). I THINK I had this problem with I imported the mod before, but I can't remember what I had to do do fix it. I KNOW I had it working in Fleet Ops once before, though.

I've been running it as an administrator, and I've double checked to make sure none of the files are in 'read only' mode.

All I did was make a copy of A2 Classic in the mods directory, then copy over the mod files into the new folder. Is there a step I'm missing, or a change to the way older models are processed?
posted on February 19th, 2019, 1:51 am
Just a guess, but do you still have the RGB folder within the Textures folder? Remove the Textures from the RGB folder and paste them directly into the Textures folder and delete the RGB folder. FleetOps doesn't use the RGB folder, only the Textures fokder. I've had an issue like that before and got rid of the RGB folder and kept only the Textures folder.
posted on February 19th, 2019, 4:51 am
USSJasmine wrote:Just a guess, but do you still have the RGB folder within the Textures folder? Remove the Textures from the RGB folder and paste them directly into the Textures folder and delete the RGB folder. FleetOps doesn't use the RGB folder, only the Textures fokder. I've had an issue like that before and got rid of the RGB folder and kept only the Textures folder.

Ayup, that was it, remembered it as soon as i started reading your post. Thanks very much.
posted on February 19th, 2019, 3:01 pm
NosulRagal wrote:
USSJasmine wrote:Just a guess, but do you still have the RGB folder within the Textures folder? Remove the Textures from the RGB folder and paste them directly into the Textures folder and delete the RGB folder. FleetOps doesn't use the RGB folder, only the Textures fokder. I've had an issue like that before and got rid of the RGB folder and kept only the Textures folder.

Ayup, that was it, remembered it as soon as i started reading your post. Thanks very much.

You're welcome. Glad that worked. :)