Passive Area Buffs

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on December 25th, 2017, 10:24 pm
Hey all, I've been making progress on Tryptic's Mod again but I've come to a bit of a wall. I want to have command ships that passively buff other ships nearby, most likely with a direct damage buff. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding an ability I can use. The rangedobjectaffector used by the Klingon Moqbara station is the closest, but it is a toggle ability.

Out of all the mods we've had over the years, do you guys know of any that have a passive buff like this?

And also I want to ask you all as players, if I can't make it fully passive, would you want to have this ability in the game if you had to turn it on manually? Most likely this would be a damage bonus 20% or higher, so using it would pretty much be required in every long game in order to be competitive. Would you guys be willing to hit that extra button every game, or would you rather I give up on the idea?
posted on December 26th, 2017, 9:44 am
I think for sure i would be better as a passive but if you can not work out a way to do it i don't mind having to hit a extra button every game.

I would also like to say i'm really looking forward to the starbase redo and let not for get the big change log that is a nice bit of work but would be very nice for so many people that are coming back to fleet ops and trying your mod for the first time and even old people to the mod.

P.S don't for get the tooltips :D
posted on December 26th, 2017, 9:57 am
I don't know if you would wanna do this but i don't think they all should do the same .

Examples i think the king should get like 15% passive to dmg and 5% passive to hull fed can get like 10% passive to dmg 12.5% passve to shield rom can get 7.5% passive to shield 5% to special energy 5% to special energy regen borg could get like 7.5% to special energy and 10% to special energy regen 5% to dmg dom 7.5% speed bonus and 7.5% to dmg.

Anyhow i don't even know if you can do all that and how much work that would even be but would be nice is every race had there own thing going on.
posted on December 31st, 2017, 3:12 am
Ah HA!!!!

After a great deal of work, I have found a way to efficiently code passive Command bonuses. Work has begun, and the Dominion race is almost complete.

I also started work on Starbases. Here is a teaser for the first one :D

==================================

Dominion Cloning Facility (600Di, 300Tri) - no weaponry

-Beam Weapon Upgrade (600 Di, 300 Tri): +60 Offense Value (starting starbase has this upgrade)
-Fighter Bay Upgrade (400 Di, 200 Tri): +40 Offense Value (in the form of 8 fighter craft)
-Ketracel Synthesizer Upgrade (400 Di, 400 Tri): adds Ketracel Synthesis (slowly convert minerals to Supply) and Material Replication (slowly convert Supply to minerals)

These three upgrades can be done in any order. Once all three are completed:

-Upgrade to Seat of the Founders (1000 Di, 600 Tri): Adds pulse/torpedo weapons and increases Fighter craft to 12. Total stats are 180 Offense, 360 Defense, 120 System. All subsystems immune to being disabled.

==================================

My plan is to release a test version of Tryptic's Mod soon, with the Dominion in their 100% completed form for testing. Shortly afterward, I plan to release the Klingons 100%. The Borg, Federation, and Romulans will follow in that order, but since they require a bit more work, I'll probably release some intermediate versions with all 5 races playable for fun.
posted on December 31st, 2017, 1:42 pm
WOW a last a starbase that does something and can fight back and you like need a fleet to kill a starbase and not just 5 ships happy times
posted on December 31st, 2017, 9:09 pm
You are awesome, Tryptic!!! :thumbsup:
I can't wait to see this new upgrade system in action...

May I ask you a favor:
Could you please adjust the AI build order to all your new additions?

It was a great challenge some patches ago, when you remade the built order for all factions!

I would be sooooo happy to fight your tough AIs with all your latest additions :D

Thx for all your hard work and keep it up plz :)