Aad morrem

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on January 18th, 2017, 3:57 am
Any way to have access to his work by not joining the mfsc site? They have process that would take months to even get access to download any models. I really want his work on the breen and dominion
posted on January 19th, 2017, 1:47 am
Armada Files has everything from the old Filefront site, including all of Aad's work old work.
posted on January 19th, 2017, 2:41 am
Not the work from MSFC
posted on January 19th, 2017, 3:43 am
As far as I know, that's the only place he's uploaded new stuff. I can see about getting him in touch with you, but I can't send you files he's uploaded to MSFC.
posted on January 19th, 2017, 4:11 am
I'm afraid MSFC are a site that don't particularly like to share. Although, you may be able to find someone on here who has an active account there
posted on January 19th, 2017, 4:35 am
Tryptic wrote:Although, you may be able to find someone on here who has an active account there

That's a bannable offense.
posted on January 19th, 2017, 6:28 am
cabal wrote:As far as I know, that's the only place he's uploaded new stuff. I can see about getting him in touch with you, but I can't send you files he's uploaded to MSFC.

Please, I don't want to do anything against the rules on MFSC. I would like to talk with him if I can. I'd like to use his models for a personal mod that wouldn't be released to the public.
posted on January 19th, 2017, 2:16 pm
picard456 wrote:Please, I don't want to do anything against the rules on MFSC. I would like to talk with him if I can. I'd like to use his models for a personal mod that wouldn't be released to the public.

I already sent him a PM about your situation. He's on pretty frequently so I would expect a reply by the end of the week.

Edit: By end of the week I mean Saturday or Sunday.
posted on January 19th, 2017, 5:10 pm
cabal wrote:
picard456 wrote:Please, I don't want to do anything against the rules on MFSC. I would like to talk with him if I can. I'd like to use his models for a personal mod that wouldn't be released to the public.

I already sent him a PM about your situation. He's on pretty frequently so I would expect a reply by the end of the week.

Edit: By end of the week I mean Saturday or Sunday.

Thank you so much!
posted on January 20th, 2017, 2:32 am
picard456 wrote:Thank you so much!

Sent you a PM with his contact info.
posted on September 21st, 2017, 10:29 am
Tryptic wrote:I'm afraid MSFC are a site that don't particularly like to share. Although, you may be able to find someone on here who has an active account there

Totally incorrect there. It's done to protect an artists rights against theft from less than honest people. Artists have the choice to upload or not (no one is forcing them to upload at MSFC) and the process to gain access is a retaliative quick and easy process.

Making snide remarks behind our back only goes to show we made the right choice in our download procedure as if anything from the past has taught us, people who have a issue with our policy usually have dishonest motives with what people decide to upload and share.

I myself have had people steal my work and claim it as their own which is why I instituted this poly for my work alone, but other artists liked the idea and asked to have the same policy for their files, it was requested.

Again it's easy to gain access and we have been operating for 12 years and are still going.

I suggest next time before making an untrue statement you actually get the facts first.

cabal wrote:
Tryptic wrote:Although, you may be able to find someone on here who has an active account there

Very true as it breaches our promise to the artists about doing our best to protect them from mod theft.
posted on September 21st, 2017, 12:56 pm
Majestic wrote:
Tryptic wrote:I'm afraid MSFC are a site that don't particularly like to share. Although, you may be able to find someone on here who has an active account there

Totally incorrect there. It's done to protect an artists rights against theft from less than honest people. Artists have the choice to upload or not (no one is forcing them to upload at MSFC) and the process to gain access is a retaliative quick and easy process.

Making snide remarks behind our back only goes to show we made the right choice in our download procedure as if anything from the past has taught us, people who have a issue with our policy usually have dishonest motives with what people decide to upload and share.

I myself have had people steal my work and claim it as their own which is why I instituted this poly for my work alone, but other artists liked the idea and asked to have the same policy for their files, it was requested.

Again it's easy to gain access and we have been operating for 12 years and are still going.

I suggest next time before making an untrue statement you actually get the facts first.

cabal wrote:

Very true as it breaches our promise to the artists about doing our best to protect them from mod theft.

Anything I received from Aad was from Aad himself and with his persmission.
posted on September 21st, 2017, 1:12 pm
First off, I want to apologize for leaving this thread in the state that I did. It was so long ago, and we had some conversations outside of the thread that cleared up the misunderstanding, but I never went back and corrected it since the issue was resolved. When I said that he should find someone with an active account, I didn't mean that he should steal the work. I meant that with the community as small as it is these days, it would be more efficient for him to find someone who knows Aad Morrem, and talk to the author directly. Which he did. And he ended up producing an excellent mod that people here, myself included, have really enjoyed, I believe without waiting for the MSFC process. That is how the situation was resolved.

I do take ownership very seriously. In the 10 years since I came here, I've had my content taken in a way that bothered me on 3 separate occasions. But on each of these occasions, I heard somebody saying how much they liked the result and in the end I let it go because people enjoying the content is what really matters. The days, I know several people have tweaked my stuff to make their own private versions, and I allow anyone to repost my content as long as it says "created/modified by Tryptic, modified by Bob".

As for my comment about MSFC in general, I'd day there is nothing untrue about it. Your own pages and forum posts contain a few unfriendly warnings to would-be members, and I have said so before in open, civil conversation. There is nothing behind-your-back about my concerns for keeping the community alive and healthy, and there is nothing snide about noting a reputation that you yourself encourage.

I'm sorry if you feel that my motives are dishonest, but there's really nothing for me to do about that. I've spent my own hours working on my own projects, and have no interest in measuring my effort until it's "enough" to earn online friendships with other creators.
posted on September 28th, 2017, 2:08 am
Tryptic wrote:I'm sorry if you feel that my motives are dishonest, but there's really nothing for me to do about that. I've spent my own hours working on my own projects, and have no interest in measuring my effort until it's "enough" to earn online friendships with other creators.

Right on. It's also not worth fighting with "personalities" who have irrational dislikes of other people for no reason at all. Sorry but MFSC is naught but an ego trip for "Majest" to live out his power fantasies. I've tried to put out the olive branch and mend things repeatedly with him, and I don't think he even really knows why he's angry at me any more other than some skewed sense of "tradition". It was over ten years ago. But that's how some people are.

Sorry, taking your topic in the wrong direction but I wanted to share my support for your point of view and explain my own.