Mod for techtree/construction ship?

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on May 21st, 2017, 3:03 am
Does anyone have a mod that will allow you to use the techtree of your enemies once you capture a construction ship?
posted on May 22nd, 2017, 9:03 pm
for fo i dont think so but in 3.2.7 and earlier all you need to do is disable the buildableByOwnerRaceOnly odf command
posted on May 23rd, 2017, 2:14 am
Do you know how to edit the FQP file? The site talks about an FQP editor but I can't find it anywhere to get all the ODF files from it?
posted on May 24th, 2017, 10:51 pm
FPQEdit is a program in the Armada 2 folder. You'll need to go to your installation folder and run it there, then use the Open option to open odf.fpq
posted on May 25th, 2017, 7:09 pm
Thank you! Now that I modified the ODF files contained in the FPQ file, where do I put them so fleet ops will read them? There's over 9k ODF files

Thanks everyone for the help
posted on May 25th, 2017, 7:49 pm
So you're going to create your mod by making the following files:

<Install Directory>/Data/Mods (folder)
Mods/<Your Mod Name> (folder)
<Your Mod Name>/info.ini (text file, read the guide to find the basics of setting up the name and description of the mod)
<Your Mod Name>/odf/system (folder)

Dump all of your modified odf files into the system folder. The game will now have a button in the Options Menu to change Mod Settings and create a shortcut that opens your mod directly. Once you select the mod, the game will read all of the odfs in that folder instead.