Tryptic's Mod Version 3

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2
posted on December 9th, 2016, 12:08 am
After a few days of frenzied coding, I've finished the first version of Tryptic's Mod V3 :woot:

Over the next few weeks I'll be moving all of my notes and documentation over to the new version, and doing a series of YouTube videos on it. But here is the quick rundown:

Borg Collective Connections have been removed. Each Borg ship (except the scout and probe) now requires a Vinculum as its core. Vinculums are produced at the Conduction Matrix, and when a ship is destroyed its Vinculum will become available again. In this way, you spend resources to increase your maximum number of ships.

I need some help testing the new numbers so please let me know anything and everything that you find. :thumbsup:

Tryptic's Mod download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/y5v9ak ... Operations
posted on December 9th, 2016, 7:13 pm
Congratulations on making it to V3 Tryptic.

Thought I'd come out of hiding to give you a bug report for Borg, especially the new Vinculum system.

(Note - All below bugs were found whilst using Optimise, unknown if they also apply to Assimilate)

Dodecahedron's that have been upgraded to turrets require free vinculum slots to actually deploy (They do not appear to actually consume any slots though) - I'm pretty sure this is not intended.

Rather worryingly, Cubes only seem to take slots whilst under construction. The same seems to apply to Spheres and Diamonds as well. It's looking like only small slots are currently working as intended.

Diamond's require medium vinculum slots, but are actually unlocked by large. The tooltip states that medium should unlock it, so there's either a typo or an incorrect size assignment for the Diamond.

Diamonds, Spheres and Cubes cannot use the High Energy Slicer after unlocking it, however they can use Devastating Attack. Tooltips indicate they should be able to use both.

I'll keep my eye out for other bugs as I find them.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the new change of pace for Borg.
posted on December 9th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Thanks for your help.

The 3.0a release was super borked because I didn't finish a certain file. With feedback from the community, I've fixed the issue (well, most of the issues. I wonder if you can find the small bug I didn't fix yet :rolleyes: )

Diamonds now require the correct Vinculum size, and all medium and large ships take their slots as intended.

Also, note that I've stolen the old Collective Connections resource slot and used it as a handy counter for how many Collective Feature slots you currently have :thumbsup:

Tryptic's Mod V3.0b now in the download links on MediaFire, Ge.tt, and on the Fleet Ops Teamspeak server.
posted on December 13th, 2016, 2:47 am
Small Bug report for 3.0b

-romulan mijural can not build Deridex at all, bastion refit tavara does not recharge shields any more

-borg ai doesnt work

more when i discover them...
posted on December 15th, 2016, 11:16 pm
As mentioned, D'deridex building prerequisite listed as gibberish in tooltip and cannot be built.

I was also unable to promote ranked Remore.
posted on December 17th, 2016, 5:26 pm
I can confirm shadow24. Borg AI does in fact nothing.

Further bugs (or maybe I didn't get all your changes, I use your mod first time) :

- Sovereign has no special weapon anymore if you play on freetech
- Generally, AI of Romulan and Dominion seem to be cowerdly. No big fleet attacks, even on merciless.
- Klingon AI seems to be too powerfull.
posted on December 19th, 2016, 4:17 pm
I found bug where there is no cap on B-8 no more i don't know if this is a bug or not but i'm sure tryptic didn't remove that cap but not 100% sure
posted on December 20th, 2016, 5:47 pm
Another bug:
Federation construction ship hotkeys are partially not working....

:ermm:
posted on December 22nd, 2016, 4:27 pm
Now that I'm working full time, my updates will be smaller and a lot slower, but I'll see what I can do to fix the bugs in the current version. Just keep those reports coming, and I promise I will fix everything reported :thumbsup:
posted on December 23rd, 2016, 6:06 am
Where do I put the downloaded mod? .../Activision/STA2 Fleet Operations/ what?
posted on December 23rd, 2016, 6:11 am
Feet Operations/Data/Mods

You have to create the Mods folder. After that, you start the game and go to settings and there will be a new button called Mod Settings. You can launch the mod, or create a shortcut that will start the game with the mod active.

Also note that for TM multiplayer on Tunngle you have to select LAN multiplayer instead of Tunngle multilayer.
posted on December 23rd, 2016, 10:28 am
Another small bug report. It looks like the pacification module for Borg sphere previously included a collective connections cost increase that has carried over, which seems to have translated into a cost in Borg research points for using that module.
posted on February 8th, 2017, 4:29 am
Been playing your mod against AI on merciless this last month. One thing I noticed is that the Borg are not getting off their resource collection to produce ships or stations. Playing against the Romulans is easier as they no longer swarm like they used to in merciless mode. They are steady, but do not increase in danger as do the Klingons. I like the ship selection for Klingons and federation. As I mentioned to you in an earlier post, the cloaking Defiants are a particular favorite of mine and they have come in handy at an early stage without having to mount a hunt for a Romulan construction ship to capture. It would be nice to have supply depots for Federation as a mechanism for increasing supplies without having to continue to go back to a base and buy more. Any way still finding subtle differences. Major hiccup is Borg. Hugh the Borg must be running their show. :D
posted on February 16th, 2017, 10:10 pm
I can only repete what the others have said, all bugs I have encountered.
posted on February 24th, 2017, 1:19 am
Hey Tryp,

Like the mod update. I noticed that when a dodec turns into a relay, it consumes more vinculums. You cannot build more. If you end up with more vinculums on the field than researched, it stops you from building more. You have to decommission stuff.

Strategy question - assimilation - is there any way to get the Borg to use their assimilation beam on auto? Also, appart from assimilating a station is there any other way to heal assimilated Borg ships?
1, 2