Transwarp Portal question

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on August 8th, 2009, 2:16 pm
How do you get a 2-way Transwarp Portal to work in FO? I have the Station (A2 singleplayer version) working perfectly, with the button, wireframe, etc. Whenever I try the weapon itself (done in the stock code), it doesn't work.

Whenever you use it, it just uses up the special energy and displays the standard 'Transwarp gate detected' without a portal appearing. When the Special Energy recharges, it automaticaly uses the energy again, highlighting where the portal should be and claims a portal is detected. After that, it just loops endlessly.
posted on August 9th, 2009, 1:32 am
How does it "Not work?"  does it crash, or the ship won't go through, or what?
posted on August 9th, 2009, 11:02 am
As I said, the portal simply does no appear. Select the weapon, click the place to go and the 'portal Detected' voice plays and it will be marked on the minimap. Special Energy is used, after it regenerates, it will simply repeat automatically; draining energy to use, marking it and not appearing.

It's when I try to use a modified version of the BortaS Ion Storm (changing everything, not just the main odf), that it crashes.
posted on August 9th, 2009, 12:09 pm
code wise there haven't been any changes to the transwarp conduit weapon. i assume it's some kind of odf mistype, but i am not the expert there. maybe the gate is invisible? i don't know

in general i prefer to not modify stock weapons but to create new ones, so that the old ones work as they are expected to
posted on August 9th, 2009, 12:11 pm
I copied the odf's, gate SOD and gate texture directly from the stock game.
posted on August 9th, 2009, 5:42 pm
cud b a sprite issue
posted on August 9th, 2009, 5:44 pm
I tried editing the odf and the portal came up on-screen in the place is should have, but was just a selectable object you could do nothing with (like an Asteroid or an unboardable derelict ship).

I already have edited sprites that allow A2 things to work in FO.
posted on August 10th, 2009, 11:25 am
you mean the wormhole that appears under your target cursor or are you talking about the station itself?
posted on August 10th, 2009, 1:07 pm
Click the special weapon and it should create 2 openings; 1 on the station and 1 where you click. The 'useless object' is the station-side gate.