Techtree Crash?

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on February 8th, 2024, 2:47 am
My boyfriend and I are working on a Kelvin Timrline side-mod for our main mod. We use it for also testing ideas to implement in the main mod. Normally we’ve been able to figure out crashes on our own but this one is eluding us.

The bug report mentions the Techtree (tect1.tt) but we don’t see any plausible error.

This is in conjunction with our Armada 2 In FleetOps Mod where FleetOps is replaced by Stock Star Trek Armada II. We do use some FleetOps ODF files that we edit back to Stock Format.

The race we’re working with is the Borg. We called them Alternate Borg, base concept came from Rifraf’s Armada II 2014 Upgrade Mod. Other units based for the Federation, Klingons and Romulans comes from “The Art Of War Mod”. The base stuff all works. We added some Romulan units but not added them to be built in game. We have * in our Tech1.tt file denoting all added units.

Testing units revolve around the Borg Station called “Tactical Battle Array”. We turned it into a Research Station to modular attach Sensor Pods and we gave it an altered Transwarp Drive called “The Trans-Relocation Drive”. These are the testing concept. All are armed with stock weapons or weapons already known to work. So we also added an Assimilated Klingon Ship armed with working weapons and “borgified” (assimilated a special weapon for the Klingons also added to the Tactical Battle Array (works for the Klingons already, it’s a special weapon version though). (Tactical Battle Array for this purpose is also * in the Tech1.tt file).

The crash occurs less than 10% into loading an Instant Action game. We’ve tried troubleshooting via the Bug/Crash Check List here in the Guide but haven’t found anything corresponding to what it says.
IMG_0452.jpeg
IMG_0452.jpeg (95.88 KiB) Viewed 265 times


Tech1.tt File: https://mega.nz/file/mcAHCZgK#_8Zl4dG3xgWocLew3dvIUdWV9YdCbOM7cU9xk1pQog0

Assuming it’s connected to the Tactical Battle Array’s Trans-Relocation Drive: https://mega.nz/file/nRRBnSwA#D4VOlIW5oZOfrLxyBfEvqgyAcguN9aER23WC4nnJgBs

These are screenshots from the Bug Report:
screenshot 2024-02-07 14.15.18.png
screenshot 2024-02-07 14.15.18.png (88.1 KiB) Viewed 265 times


IMG_0452.jpeg
IMG_0452.jpeg (95.88 KiB) Viewed 265 times

Attachments

screenshot 2024-02-07 14.15.46.png
screenshot 2024-02-07 14.15.46.png (50.84 KiB) Viewed 265 times
posted on February 8th, 2024, 2:49 am
Other 2 Bug Report Screenshots:
screenshot 2024-02-07 14.15.58.png
screenshot 2024-02-07 14.15.58.png (73.21 KiB) Viewed 264 times


screenshot 2024-02-07 14.15.58.png
screenshot 2024-02-07 14.15.58.png (73.21 KiB) Viewed 264 times


Hopefully these included info help.

Attachments

screenshot 2024-02-07 14.16.10.png
screenshot 2024-02-07 14.16.10.png (73.4 KiB) Viewed 264 times
posted on February 9th, 2024, 7:19 am
I managed to solve this after temporarily removing the Borg and Romulans from the tech1.tt file and out of the game for awhile but still leaving the ships and stations in.

Well whomever created the weapons for the Romulan ships my boyfriend and I decided to add and hadn’t tested yet didn’t proofread their ODF Files and I found a lot of errors. The guide post was in fact accurate for two of the weapons files were missing the “#” in the: #include command along with multiple files having double: “ (as in for example: classLabel = “”launcher”” and fireSound = “”porwea.wav””).

Fixed these file errors and the crash stopped. Five files in total had such errors all from the Romulan Battleships Mod I personally found and wanted to try out. If only the original creator of this mod had proofread their ODF Files especially when the included ReadMe had said there wasn’t any errors.
Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests