Swapping Ships in Shipyards

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on March 21st, 2019, 10:21 am
I would like to swap ships that are currently in a shipyard, the eraudi yard to be exact. I’m wanting to replace one of the ships with the Galaxy class ship. What I did thinking it’d be pretty simple, is remove the existing “fed_excellsior” (for example) and typing “fed_galaxy” thinking it’d link the Galaxy class ship with the shipyard. Once I saved it I went in game to build the vessel and the Galaxy class ship was not displayed in the list of buildable ships (not even grayed out) what did I do wrong? What am I missing?

Thanks for the help!
posted on March 21st, 2019, 1:35 pm
setphaserstoloveme wrote:I would like to swap ships that are currently in a shipyard, the eraudi yard to be exact. I’m wanting to replace one of the ships with the Galaxy class ship. What I did thinking it’d be pretty simple, is remove the existing “fed_excellsior” (for example) and typing “fed_galaxy” thinking it’d link the Galaxy class ship with the shipyard. Once I saved it I went in game to build the vessel and the Galaxy class ship was not displayed in the list of buildable ships (not even grayed out) what did I do wrong? What am I missing?

Thanks for the help!


You also have to add the ship or station you want to build to the techtree files if it's not listed. Namely tech1.tt as well as adding its build button to the gui_global.spr Sprites file if it's build button isn't already included.

You don't just edit the shipyard or construction ship to add a ship or station; you have to edit these files as well or it isn't going to show up in the game to be built. If you miss the gui_global.spr file it just shows up as a blank space.
posted on March 21st, 2019, 3:26 pm
^ Ahhh I missed the tech tree file! You are correct! Thank you!
posted on March 21st, 2019, 5:32 pm
setphaserstoloveme wrote:^ Ahhh I missed the tech tree file! You are correct! Thank you!


Your welcome, glad that helped.
posted on March 22nd, 2019, 12:19 am
USSJasmine wrote:
setphaserstoloveme wrote:^ Ahhh I missed the tech tree file! You are correct! Thank you!


Your welcome, glad that helped.


I’ve run into a problem. I added the necessary ship to the tech tree (the ship already exists within Fleet Ops but isn’t buildable) and saved the techtree file, however it saves this as a text document rather than the original tt file. This has caused the game to become unplayable, I cannot click anywhere in a map once I’ve loaded an instant action game for example (unable to interact with anything) . Is there a way to save an edited techtree file as tt file still? All I’m trying to do is add the Galaxy class and Prometheus class ships to a shipyard (these ships are already in Fleet Ops so I did not make them myself)
posted on March 22nd, 2019, 3:28 am
setphaserstoloveme wrote:
USSJasmine wrote:
setphaserstoloveme wrote:^ Ahhh I missed the tech tree file! You are correct! Thank you!


Your welcome, glad that helped.


I’ve run into a problem. I added the necessary ship to the tech tree (the ship already exists within Fleet Ops but isn’t buildable) and saved the techtree file, however it saves this as a text document rather than the original tt file. This has caused the game to become unplayable, I cannot click anywhere in a map once I’ve loaded an instant action game for example (unable to interact with anything) . Is there a way to save an edited techtree file as tt file still? All I’m trying to do is add the Galaxy class and Prometheus class ships to a shipyard (these ships are already in Fleet Ops so I did not make them myself)


You have to make the file editable by going to Properties and unchecking the box that says "Read Only". It prevents the files from being saved after edited, sounds like you had a Save As option and since .tt files open with Notepad when saved through Save As or with Read Only in the window for saving comes up with a text document as the only saving option. You also have to put extract the ODF files from the ODF FPQ file and add them to the Addon folder for edits to take effect.
posted on March 22nd, 2019, 11:51 am
USSJasmine wrote:
You have to make the file editable by going to Properties and unchecking the box that says "Read Only". It prevents the files from being saved after edited, sounds like you had a Save As option and since .tt files open with Notepad when saved through Save As or with Read Only in the window for saving comes up with a text document as the only saving option. You also have to put extract the ODF files from the ODF FPQ file and add them to the Addon folder for edits to take effect.


Good catch, I’ve made the techtree file editable. I’m still having a hard time (I’m so close though) I ran into an error. I added the Galaxy class odf to the techtree however when I ran the game it would not load and then a received a DirectX or 3D error and had to force close. Removed the Galaxy odf from the techtree and it loaded just fine afterwards. How do I avoid this?

Also, you mention extracting the odf for the specific ships I want to be buildable from the main ODF but what do you mean exactly? How is this done?

I’m wanting the Galaxy class and Prometheus to be buildable from the same shipyard.

Seriously appreciate the help here, this is definitely new to me, coming from Armada 1 I feel like this is more complex, not by much but it’s been a while since I’ve tinkered like this. Armada 1 seemed like a breeze to edit .
posted on March 23rd, 2019, 2:46 am
setphaserstoloveme wrote:
Good catch, I’ve made the techtree file editable. I’m still having a hard time (I’m so close though) I ran into an error. I added the Galaxy class odf to the techtree however when I ran the game it would not load and then a received a DirectX or 3D error and had to force close. Removed the Galaxy odf from the techtree and it loaded just fine afterwards. How do I avoid this?

Also, you mention extracting the odf for the specific ships I want to be buildable from the main ODF but what do you mean exactly? How is this done?

I’m wanting the Galaxy class and Prometheus to be buildable from the same shipyard.

Seriously appreciate the help here, this is definitely new to me, coming from Armada 1 I feel like this is more complex, not by much but it’s been a while since I’ve tinkered like this. Armada 1 seemed like a breeze to edit .


Did you include the .odf after the Galaxy-class ODF file's name and a Number after it. 0 = nothing needed as a prerequisite to build it. If a number is included does the number of ODF files after equal that number.

Here's an example:
fed_galaxy.odf 0 // Galaxy-class

or

fed_galaxy.odf 1 fed_fedU_chassis3.odf // Galaxy-class (using the Sovereign-class in FleetOps as an example after the Galaxy-class ODF file name. I'm also including the // Galaxy-class because I added them to all my tt files as references).

If it isn't that do you have the shipyard setup correctly?

buildItem7 = "fed_galaxy"
posted on March 23rd, 2019, 2:55 am
Also you want to make sure the ODF file for the Galaxy-class exists. I've noticed it already buildable in the McKinley Class Shipyard under the name fed_galaxyA. It's the same Shipyard that has the Nebula-class and variants, the Descent-class and the Teutoburg-class.

*****

Also completely removing a ship from its Shipyard and not removing it from the AI could also cause crashes. You really don't have to replace/remove any ships from the Shipyards because you can have over 14 ships buildable in a single Shipyard.
posted on March 23rd, 2019, 3:32 am
Ah, I was about to point out the buildable version but Jasmine got to it already. The Developers actually included both a warp-in version and a buildable version of the Galaxy, already set up. You just add fed_galaxyA.odf to the station's build list.

I do most of my editing through two programs:

Programmer's Notepad 2 is lightweight and useful. Honestly I don't use any of the coding features, I just like it because it doesn't change the file extension to .txt by default every time you go to Save As >_>

I use Notepad++ just for editing the Tooltip file, "Dynamic Localized Strings.h" since this file contains hex code and I was able to get the "textfx" plugin for Notepad++ which lets me edit it. This is for editing the numbers that show up in red in the tooltips.

Are you familiar with the FPQEdit program, and extracting the odfs?
posted on March 23rd, 2019, 4:16 am
Tryptic wrote:Ah, I was about to point out the buildable version but Jasmine got to it already. The Developers actually included both a warp-in version and a buildable version of the Galaxy, already set up. You just add fed_galaxyA.odf to the station's build list.

I do most of my editing through two programs:

Programmer's Notepad 2 is lightweight and useful. Honestly I don't use any of the coding features, I just like it because it doesn't change the file extension to .txt by default every time you go to Save As >_>

I use Notepad++ just for editing the Tooltip file, "Dynamic Localized Strings.h" since this file contains hex code and I was able to get the "textfx" plugin for Notepad++ which lets me edit it. This is for editing the numbers that show up in red in the tooltips.

Are you familiar with the FPQEdit program, and extracting the odfs?


Alright guys so I just used the fed_galaxyA odf and that worked perfectly. Now how do I go about making the Prometheus buildable? I don’t believe the Prometheus is buildable, just a warp in ship am I right?
posted on March 23rd, 2019, 5:28 am
setphaserstoloveme wrote:Alright guys so I just used the fed_galaxyA odf and that worked perfectly. Now how do I go about making the Prometheus buildable? I don’t believe the Prometheus is buildable, just a warp in ship am I right?


To add the Prometheus-class to a shipyard requires the name of the ODF file then copying that to the shipyard as the next available buildItem and the next number after the ship above it.

buildItem9 = "fed_prometheus"

Tech1.tt

fed_promestheus.odf 1 fedU_chassis3.odf // Prometheus-class

Gui_global

b_fed_prometheus (Then you need to find the correct build button to add after that part but since FleetOps doesn't allow it to be built they don't have a build button for it fir thus file. There are other Mods that use the ship but their build button will look out of place in FleetOps.)
Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests