STA2 Classic mod issue

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2
posted on August 7th, 2013, 11:13 pm
Craptivision... I love it!
I offer two thumbs up to you for that mate. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (Unfortunately has to be the same thumb twice. lol)
posted on August 9th, 2013, 2:06 am
BTW, does anyone know a SOD filter that will let you import non-stock SODs into Milkshape to look at them? I haven't been able to find one.
posted on August 24th, 2021, 9:39 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Yes, the visual display of the save button is something we broke in 3.2.7 - in our next release the feature is restored :). For now, to save in a Single Player Mission, just hit Ctrl+S. You can access the menu by going into Instant Action and loading the game. :thumbsup:
Not that anybody cares anymore but ... 2021... 8 years later you never actually fixed it... lmao
posted on December 8th, 2021, 11:07 am
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqLrjdyb-32-lIhnhqz ... g?e=73u04x

this is my build using FO4s engine should allow you to save

NOTE: if on win11 you may need to switch compatability to win8
posted on January 19th, 2022, 8:42 am
I've noticed that if I install the v4 sorta it does not like some add-on mods I have. Such as Federation Dawn and several other mods. When I go to load the mod into skirmish match it crashes to the desktop.
posted on January 25th, 2022, 4:35 pm
are these a2 mods or fo mods. if there a2 mods you need to make sure you have the a2 classic installed and it set as the parent mod. if its a fo mod then its due to the changes fo4 makes that causes issues. i dont even know if fo4 sortta works 100% as i only done quick changes to get fo to work
posted on February 26th, 2022, 5:13 pm
Blade wrote:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqLrjdyb-32-lIhnhqzP2K5qEEmxJg?e=73u04x

this is my build using FO4s engine should allow you to save

NOTE: if on win11 you may need to switch compatability to win8

You sir, are a god! It works with my Roots mod and it does indeed give the save and load buttons back!
posted on March 1st, 2022, 1:21 pm
SFox wrote:I've noticed that if I install the v4 sorta it does not like some add-on mods I have. Such as Federation Dawn and several other mods. When I go to load the mod into skirmish match it crashes to the desktop.

There's a broken odf file in 4.0, it's "trigger_blocking_sml.odf", make sure the min and max number of asteroids in that file are set to 1, otherwise the game crashes on lots of occasions.
posted on March 8th, 2022, 1:25 pm
i'll have a look to fix that when im able. im not really into a2 modding anymore sortta burned out a few years ago and just cant get back into it
posted on March 4th, 2023, 11:04 pm
I try to create a mod A2_FO W.I.P with , and trekkies races using sod's present's in the mod and free 3d model download, on the internet and modeling by myself textures using present's in the mod too!
posted on March 4th, 2023, 11:07 pm
I removed the dominion and managed to put the tholians, but I would like to know how to remove the non-trekker's races? and just leave the ones I really want the project will have 12 fed races, klingons, romulan, vulcan, tholians, species 8472, etc...
posted on March 19th, 2023, 11:37 am
Removing a faction is actually quite simple. There is the races.odf file and just delete the ones you don't want to be visible. It might need some tweaking with the individual faction odf files as well, because those are the ones that define the order the factions are visible in the selection menu.
posted on March 28th, 2023, 9:14 pm
The key line is in the faction odf, "instantactionslot = #" This determines where the race goes in the drop-down menu for selection. I believe the races.odf file determines which races you can get when you go Random.
1, 2