RCIX's Modding Kit

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 8:37 pm
Last edited by RCIX on September 22nd, 2009, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I present to you the Modding Kit! this kit contains the following:
the Eclipse ODF generator kit
RCIXs Small Book Of Modding.txt (with instructions on how to use the Eclipse odf generator)

It's a few things designed to make your modding easier (like a tool that will help with making a lot of odfs and a guide to all the new commands).

Attachments

Modding Kit.rar
(669.4 KiB) Downloaded 1174 times
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 8:38 pm
Not bad  :thumbsup:
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 8:55 pm
cool im probly use this next weekend  :thumbsup:
posted on June 24th, 2009, 9:42 am
Last edited by Anonymous on July 16th, 2009, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
errr its great and i've now learned a lot of new stuff but you have missed a fleetcap command

captooltipreached = ""

displays a tooltip when the cap has been maxed example:
captooltipreached = "Already researched"
posted on June 24th, 2009, 10:34 am
Ooh thanks! i'll add that. As soon as i get a bunch more commands together i'll post an updated version.
posted on June 24th, 2009, 11:20 am
Oh amazing that answered quite a lot of my questions :woot:
posted on June 24th, 2009, 12:14 pm
Last edited by Optec on June 26th, 2009, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
:thumbsup:
posted on June 26th, 2009, 12:53 am
i've finally got my new refit idea implemented so thx again however you are missing 2 replace weapon codes:

replacementKeepOwner = 1    //enabled 0 diabled

if enabled this makes the ship that has the weapon to remain inplay (used for carriers)

replacementkeepName = 1    //enabled 0 disabled

if enabled this allows the seperated vessels to keep the parent name (used for seperation purposes or refits)
posted on June 26th, 2009, 2:51 am
Forgot about those! i'll add them right away.
posted on June 30th, 2009, 12:06 am
Updated it with a lot more info. Check it out!
posted on June 30th, 2009, 12:11 am
muchly appreciated :thumbsup:
posted on June 30th, 2009, 12:39 am
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
posted on June 30th, 2009, 1:50 am
This should be stickied, I think  :thumbsup:
posted on July 5th, 2009, 10:07 pm
I have noticed that ur decription of the "basetargets" command does not do what is stated....or maybe u left out the part where it will fire mutiple times simultaneously from the same hardpoint just like when using the "areacannon" classlabel. I tried this command with phasers and basicly got the "areacannon" effect which was not desired....I had mutiple hps listed for the weapon as well..3 to be precises and set basetargets to 3 and the result was the phaser fireing in areacannon fashion only from one hardpoint not 3 despite having multiple targets closer to the other hardpoints.

The effect I was looking for was wesell firing from 3 seperate hardpoints simultaneously at 3 seperate targets.

Sorry to sound rude I dont mean to be. Just kinda felt the desciption was misleading.
posted on July 5th, 2009, 10:45 pm
OK lets say you have a diamond shaped ship like this:
/
/

and there are hardpoints on each corner. You set it to basetargets = 4 and sent it attacking. If there is oe ship near each hardpoint then you will see it fire from each corner, but if the 4 ships are closest to one hardpoint then it will fire 4 beams from that one hardpoint. Does that make more sense?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5