Own music

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 1:39 pm
I'm sure that this question has been answered before, but I cannot find it, so please excuse me for asking again:

I am quite aware that changing files alters the version and causes incompatibility with other MP-Players. As the MM-Pack always was optional to be installed, I asked my self if the music is excluded from that rule. Can I use my costum 22kHz wav files instead?
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 1:45 pm
I guess as long as they exactly share the same file name and file type.
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 2:57 pm
sure, no problem. you have to replace the existing wave files with your own music
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 3:02 pm
Does it interfere with compatibility, or it doesn't affect multiplayer? Because if it does i won't bother... but if it doesn't than I'll put music in.
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 3:16 pm
It doesn't affect compatibility.
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 3:25 pm
If I wanted different Menu music, which file is it I replace? Plus if there is a bti rate limit, I want to know that too.
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 5:47 pm
i think 16bit 22khz stereo. the menu music is in the effects folder i think, just order the files by size and you should get the file really fast. i think it's name begins with "shell"
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 5:55 pm
Shellstr? I was hoping that was it because I replaced it a bit prematurely.  :lol: THX!
posted on June 22nd, 2009, 8:48 pm
hehe, yes thats the one :)