Multi-target, but individually?

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on March 13th, 2014, 10:40 am
Ok, to make sure there's no misunderstanding as to what I'm asking, I'll provide an example.

Say you have a ship.
It has 2 phasers - phaser 1 using HP01, 02 and 03, phaser 2 using hp04, 05 and 06.
Say the weapon is multi-targeting 2.

What that means is that if the ship faces 2 enemies, you'll have 2 beams coming out of hp01 and 2 coming out of hp02. Basicly, a beam splits as both weapon will attack both targets using the same hardpoints.

What I'm asking is it possible for a ship to attack multiple targets, but attack each with it's own weapon?
So phaser 1 fires at target 1, phaser 2 fires at target 2. No beam splitting.
posted on March 13th, 2014, 2:57 pm
No, but if you use the CannonImp classlabel and make it fire in two shot bursts, you can also make it divide the shots in the burst between two targets when it is facing more than one ship. I recommend that you look at its page in the guide, the examples section in particular. Also try looking at the ODFs for the Fed torpedo turret, since it divides fire.
posted on March 13th, 2014, 3:46 pm
That wouldn't work for phasers then..

kinda sucks :(
posted on March 13th, 2014, 4:19 pm
Yes it does, CannonImp can fire FO's UniBeam phaser replacement, which has all the added goodies of UniTorpedo. The shots will be in sequence rather than side by side, but it works all the same.
posted on March 13th, 2014, 7:09 pm
Wait..so I use cannonImp for the phaser weapon?

So how do I make the UniBeam/Torpedo work?
posted on March 13th, 2014, 8:06 pm
I'm in the wrong OS right now to check my code, but I'm pretty sure you just code UniBeam/UniTorpedo as normal and put all the burst and multi-target stuff in the CannonImp part. You should even be able to use the old Phaser and PhotonTorpedo ordnances with it.
posted on March 28th, 2014, 1:30 pm
you can also use the hardpoint shift command..so that the phasers fire from a different hardpoint every time..as well as change targets..

this is an example from the Type10 Phasers on one of my Galaxy class ships

//Programming Stuff DO NOT CHANGE
classLabel = "cannonimp"

//Standard Firing Pattern
//saveFireCyclePoint = 3
shotcycleresettime = 14.37
shotDelay0 = 2.495
shotDelay1 = 4.826
shotDelay2 = 5.297
shotDelay3 = 3.648
shotDelay4 = 4.179
shotDelay5 = 14.37

baseTargets = 1
maxExtraTargets = 3
usePrimaryTarget = 0
targetLoop = 1
autoTargetClosest = 1
HardpointShift = 1
showrange = 1
//restrictFireArc = 1
//fireArc = 1.81

it fires multiple shots before recharging... targets at least 1 ship with the potential for an additional 3. with target loop the ship will then select a different target as opposed to firing at the closest. It will also cycle through the hardpoints. Hope this helps do what you want. :)
posted on March 28th, 2014, 8:14 pm
Did the same thing in the BSG HRM mod and it works fine.