How does the Romulan Disruptor work?

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on January 14th, 2017, 5:03 am
In FO, the Romulan Disruptor Turrets only function with the Singularity Station. How does that work?

I am asking because I want to do the same thing with the Dominion, but with weapons platforms like from the show. They only worked near those asteroid bases. How can I replicate that with different models for a different race (dominion)?
posted on January 14th, 2017, 9:38 am
The disruptor turret starts with a certain amount of energy, let's say 100. Its energy regen is set to 0. The weapon is set to consume some energy when it fires, let's say 12.5 energy. It'll fire 8 times before running out.

The singularity generator has several different energy waves that it sends out. These are just multitargeting weapons with an ordinance that restores special energy. One wave targets Romulan ships and restores 10 special energy, while a different wave targets Disruptor turrets only and restores 100 energy, so only a single wave is needed to restore the turret completely.

In Tryptic's Mod I changed the underlying mechanics a lot, even though the end result is almost the same. There is a whole lot of invisible pods dropping invisible pods that fire a weapon 1 time and then disappear.

Short version: set your turrets to not regenerate energy, set their weapons to consume energy, and set your generator to drop a pod every n seconds that targets all nearby turrets and restores their energy.
posted on January 14th, 2017, 5:30 pm
What do I write in the odf for the pod to send out an energy wave?
posted on January 14th, 2017, 6:08 pm
there is a line in the disruptor odf that says beneficial build. and then a beneficial radius. What do these lines mean?
posted on January 14th, 2017, 6:20 pm
nevermind, I figured it out! thanks for the help
posted on January 15th, 2017, 8:13 am
Yeah, all that does is turn the build icon blue.

Note that it can only be set for one range on the turret. So for example, in my mod I wanted to have Generators support turrets at long range, but Starbases support them at strategic range. The game lets you do this mechanically, but you can't have your build image turn blue for two different stations at two different ranges. In the end I just decided that it was justifiable for both to use Strategic range