Editing Ship ODF’s

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on March 10th, 2019, 1:00 am
I need some assistance. I’m attempting to edit some aspects of specific ships in the ODF. The straight forward ones are costs, shields, and build time. However I was hoping someone could explain which lines are tied to ships power. I can’t seem to find that specific line, or maybe it isn’t as obvious.

Any help would be appreciated.
posted on March 10th, 2019, 6:39 pm
There is no stat called "power" for ships. Are you talking about the strength of the guns? Or the special energy?
posted on March 10th, 2019, 11:11 pm
Yes, I’m looking at making a couple of ships with stronger weapons (phaser power, torpedo power) what line in the odf am I looking for?
posted on March 12th, 2019, 5:44 am
well, each weapon is defined in two files, the weapon file and the ordinance file. For example if you look up "kliW_sang1.odf" this is the weapon file: it defines the range, rate of fire, hit chance, tooltip, and a few other things. Then if you look at "kliW_sang1o.odf" that is the ordinance file. It defines the damage, animation, and any extra effects such as disabling subsystems or draining special energy.

The damage of a weapon is defined for every target ship, meaning there are hundreds and sometimes thousands of lines. If you want to create a weapon, I strongly recommend you find an existing weapon with the profile that you want and copy/paste it, making changes if needed. I posted a modding tool a while back that will help you do this; you can find it here:

https://www.fleetops.net/forums/modific ... ools-13149

Just download the spreadsheet and check out the Offense Calculator, it allows you to modify weapon stats and then copy the result out of the spreadsheet. Note that you will need to use Excel's "Text to Columns" feature using a space as the delimiter.
posted on March 13th, 2019, 7:54 am
^ This post is perfect, thank you!