Can you make a station indestructable?

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on January 30th, 2009, 2:56 am
Is it possible to make a station that cannot be destroyed?

so lets say it can loose all its crew and so on but cannot actually blow up and only recaptured?
posted on January 30th, 2009, 3:21 am
You could set the hull strength to 9,999,999,999,999? Good luck blowing that up.
posted on January 30th, 2009, 4:40 am
not quite what i want really, i want it so say the station can only ever loose all its crew but not be blown up... so baically it can not die but that command seems to do nothing in the mpa editor and anything thats captured looses its special stats anyway...
posted on January 30th, 2009, 8:13 am
hm, i don't think thats possible currently. we have a todo for it though for some neutral stations planned for later
posted on January 30th, 2009, 10:20 am
i think we both have the same idea Doca,

just out of wonder Doca, what is the command in the map editor CanNotDie meant to actually do?
posted on January 30th, 2009, 12:35 pm
Tyler wrote:You could set the hull strength to 9,999,999,999,999? Good luck blowing that up.

i actually tried your idea and it worked amazingly well,lol
posted on January 30th, 2009, 1:24 pm
Isn't there an odf command (used for research pods at the moment) that makes a unit invincible?

Though, as it's an odf thing it would do it for ALL units of that type, not just one. Unless you make a new odf for it...
posted on January 30th, 2009, 7:10 pm
CanNotDie may be for Single Player mission, to cause a loss for the team that has the unit if it dies.

If that's the case, using it could make for some interesting maps, no?
posted on February 1st, 2009, 12:22 pm
silent93 wrote:CanNotDie may be for Single Player mission, to cause a loss for the team that has the unit if it dies.

If that's the case, using it could make for some interesting maps, no?

im not sure what it does, ive created a few maps with it and everytime the ship or station has still died?