Back to Basics

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2
posted on October 25th, 2013, 8:40 pm
Last edited by cabal on October 28th, 2013, 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I present to you, a total conversion for Fleet Operations, a recreation of that golden oldie from the year 2000 that doesn't run on most of your computers, Super Classic!

Super Classic aims to recreate Star Trek: Armada 1 as accurately as possible in Fleet Ops while also using the Fleet Ops art assets. That's right, it's an HD remake of A1 and it runs on your fancy modern computer!

Unfortunately, not all of FO's fancy graphics stuff (like burst fire torpedos) fit perfectly in something so much like a port as SC. And, of course, A1 was not without its share of balance issues. Does everybody remember those useless destroyers? This is where Super Classic Advanced comes in. SCA is a mod for SC that has the goal of fixing those issues. Sovereigns with burst fire, Defiants that aren't a joke, and Cubes without shields; SCA has it, and the game is hopefully better for it.

So if you are prepared, download it and take your game Back to Basics!

Available on both MSFC and Dropbox (link).

The current version is Beta 1.1.0 and includes only one map, The Very First Map.
posted on October 25th, 2013, 9:29 pm
Dude! I wanted to do this a while back but never had the time. Downloading ASAP! :woot:
posted on October 26th, 2013, 6:07 am
The download was missing the bzn folder, so if you downloaded Beta 1.0.0 you should re-download the mod to get Beta 1.1.0 and the map. Sorry about that. :blush:
posted on October 26th, 2013, 7:02 pm
Nicely done Cabal :thumbsup: :)
posted on October 27th, 2013, 5:03 pm
Can you help me get it?
Cant find it :'(
posted on October 27th, 2013, 7:32 pm
To get to the downloads on MSFC you have to make an account, post an intro thread, and have some activity. There will also be a Dropbox link posted tomorrow.
posted on October 28th, 2013, 12:00 pm
cabal wrote:To get to the downloads on MSFC you have to make an account, post an intro thread, and have some activity. There will also be a Dropbox link posted tomorrow.

No offense, but you gotta be kidding me.
posted on October 28th, 2013, 12:14 pm
beserene wrote:No offense, but you gotta be kidding me.

yeah, msfc has well known restrictive policies, it's a tightly run ship.

tbh it would take so long (at least a week) to get download rights on msfc, so if you aren't a member there, you might as well just wait until the public link goes up. kinda pointless making this thread here until the public DL is available, as anyone who is a member on MSFC should have seen the thread there (i'm assuming it has a thread there).
posted on October 28th, 2013, 1:12 pm
A lot of people make threads about mods that aren't available yet. Also, I personally wouldn't have known about it unless he posted it here, just because I haven't been active on msfc recently. Plus it builds anticipation! :woot:
posted on October 28th, 2013, 4:30 pm
beserene wrote:No offense, but you gotta be kidding me.

MSFC was created partially in response to A2Files policies; they wanted members who actually interacted rather than just download stuff.

Myles wrote:tbh it would take so long (at least a week) to get download rights on msfc, so if you aren't a member there, you might as well just wait until the public link goes up. kinda pointless making this thread here until the public DL is available, as anyone who is a member on MSFC should have seen the thread there (i'm assuming it has a thread there).

Maybe, but I think the announcement should be made simultaneously anyway. At any rate, MSFC only gets a few days of exclusivity and only for the Beta release. It's not nearly as long as the thirty day exclusivity period that Skyrim DLC had. I'm not evil.

And here is the Dropbox link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cu1fy3okj8vm ... 20B110.zip
posted on October 30th, 2013, 4:21 am
Do you want bug reports? and where to send them.
posted on October 30th, 2013, 6:56 am
For some reason my router decided MSFC was a phishing site all of a sudden, so I will post bugs here. :sweatdrop:

I can't seem to keep stations from blowing right after their shields go down.
^This might be related to the Spatial rift doing more disabling than destroying
Something the nebula fires is an error SOD
The carbonite refraction shield is too big
No Warp?
Shield inversion beam causes Big D's to change targets

And as a final thought, you might consider adding preferredselect = 0 to mining and construction ships. It is something FO added so when you drag select your ships, you won't get any civilian ships unless they are all you are selecting.

Having tons of fun with it so far man, thanks for making this. :thumbsup:
posted on October 30th, 2013, 10:11 pm
MrPistachios wrote:Do you want bug reports? and where to send them.

I would very much like bug reports. Just post them here. I only ask that you say whether the bug you are reporting is in SC or SCA as that makes it easier to track down.

Adm. Zaxxon wrote:I can't seem to keep stations from blowing right after their shields go down.

That's part of Armada 1. It didn't have hull values so stuff dies pretty quick after the shields die.

Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Something the nebula fires is an error SOD

Could you be more specific, please?

Adm. Zaxxon wrote:The carbonite refraction shield is too big

I know. FO adjusted the shield bubbles, so I'm going to make a new effect for v1.

Adm. Zaxxon wrote:No Warp?

A1 had no warp.

Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Shield inversion beam causes Big D's to change targets

I'll check that out, thanks.

Adm. Zaxxon wrote:And as a final thought, you might consider adding preferredselect = 0 to mining and construction ships. It is something FO added so when you drag select your ships, you won't get any civilian ships unless they are all you are selecting.

It's part of Advanced, but not SC because I'm not sure if it fits there. If more people want it, I will add it.
posted on October 30th, 2013, 10:44 pm
LOL must not have played A1 recently enough. :sweatdrop:

I'll try to check the Nebula, and the other special ships as soon as I can.
posted on November 1st, 2013, 11:56 am
Thx for the link.

Armada 1 ... like the good aold times

but this time stable ;)
1, 2