A couple of FO odf questions

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2
posted on April 7th, 2011, 12:33 pm
Oh, yeah, I see what you are Saying.  By replace, he means remove the buttons.

If you had the ability to research a certain ship in TOS, for example, the research option will no longer be available in the next era.  In fact, all of your research(I assume other than upgrades) will no longer be buildable and new options will appear in their spots. 

And actually, you could have the same option for ships too, you would just have to do it on a ship to ship basis, or upgrade your entire fleet with one click.  Basically, if you go from TOS to TMP, you can't build regular connies now.  the connies have probably been downgraded from battleship to light cruiser, and they are refitted with new tech.  But now what do you do with all of your old connies?  Well, you could put a button on them that appears when you enter the TMP era and if you click this refit button, your connie(s) would be refitted to the newer model. :blush:

But back on topic. :lol:  Maj, as I said, its looking good.  at msfc he already showed off the back button and it looks as good as the rest. :thumbsup:
posted on April 8th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:But back on topic. :lol:  Maj, as I said, its looking good.  at msfc he already showed off the back button and it looks as good as the rest. :thumbsup:

Thanks Adm_Z. :)

You can find all the info and images about this mod at MSFC, or just some of the images on my Deviant Art profile, both have links in my signature.

Back a few versions ago Fleet Operations had research via the shipyards, it's something at the time I rather disliked but for a ENT era mod will work perfectly. Is this still possible and if so what kind of odf layout do I need as I would assume it isn't a shipyard classlabel or anything?
posted on April 8th, 2011, 11:14 pm
Actually yeah, it is possible.  Earlier versions of FO did it that way.  i think they just built invisible pods at the building hardpoint though.  They probably just stayed there and since they were invisible, it didn't matter.
posted on April 9th, 2011, 12:16 am
lol i get wot u mean now sorry mis understood.

good work so far majestic
posted on April 9th, 2011, 1:14 am
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Actually yeah, it is possible.  Earlier versions of FO did it that way.  i think they just built invisible pods at the building hardpoint though.  They probably just stayed there and since they were invisible, it didn't matter.

I assumed it was invisible pods, I am just curious of what class label to use that's all.
posted on April 9th, 2011, 1:25 am
Well, I"m not positive but i think a shipyard can build pods in addition to ships, but I am sure a reserchstation can't build ships. :sweatdrop:
posted on April 9th, 2011, 4:36 am
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Well, I"m not positive but i think a shipyard can build pods in addition to ships, but I am sure a reserchstation can't build ships. :sweatdrop:

Well it has just occurred to me that the Klingon yard does this, just with new yard addons, I'll just use that as a base and instead of yard additions, I'll have invisible pods instead. :)

I also finally got my first ship in-game, as you've no doubt seen on MSFC already.

Konovalov Class In-game by ~Majestic-MSFC on deviantART
posted on April 9th, 2011, 6:12 am
the klingon yard works different as the main structure is a research station which build the yards but cnt build ships it jut has a command that makes it start with the middle yard automatically. but yh normal yards can do research (fed yard used to (not sure if still does)
posted on April 9th, 2011, 1:07 pm
Yeah, the klingon yard does it diferently, but i know there is a way to do it through a regular yard.  I would just try to make it build research and then a ship and see if it works.
posted on April 9th, 2011, 2:52 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on April 9th, 2011, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basically the only difference between the old system and the current one is the use of this one line :)
isResearchedByYard = 1

( classLabel = "pod" )

EDIT: and yeah, the pods are always set to
invincible = 1
invalidAsTarget = 1
clearsFog = 0
perceivedNeutral = 1
fireball = "x_no_explosion"
destroyMeWithResearchStation = 0
IamGameToTheDeathCondition = 0
posted on April 9th, 2011, 3:24 pm
don't forget the line avoidme = 0. :blush:
posted on April 9th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Thank you Dom, exactly what I was looking for. :)
posted on April 9th, 2011, 11:55 pm
Sure, no problem :)
1, 2