Crashes when I try to place any type of nebula?

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on March 24th, 2019, 7:00 pm
So I was trying to create a simple custom map, and everytime I try to place any type of nebula, it crashes and says the program encountered a problem. I tried placing every other object it they all work fine, but nebulas crash the game!
Also how to I put the blocking object in? I can't find it anywhere, you know to make a nebula or asteroid field impassable?
posted on July 10th, 2019, 11:07 am
This usually happens if an ODF is missing. Did you use your own custom mod, or the stock FO game without any tinkering?
posted on July 16th, 2019, 2:08 am
Did you modify any of the nebulas? One of the CTDs that gets me the most confused (until I remember) is when an odf name is too long. Too many characters in certain odfs (especially non-ship odfs like effects and pods) will result in a CTD.

The blocking triggers are under F7 (Other Stuff) > Triggers. There's a Large Blocking Trigger which is the proper one, and a Small Blocking Trigger which was mashed together by the Fleet Ops team. Note that the Small Blocking Trigger should be used sparingly since ships will still try to fly inside it sometimes even though they can't.